Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

David
David asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Does anyone else enjoy the movie Domino?

During its brief theatrical run in 2005, Domino was a box office flop and was -savaged- by most critics, though Robert Ebert and the New York Times gave it positive reviews.

I've always had a strange, strong affection for the movie. It's a mess, but a glorious mess. I love the way its characters and sub-plots--the bounty-hunting trio, Christopher Walken's sleazy reality-TV producer, Lucy Liu's FBI agent, Mo'Nique's loud-mouth character ("Chinegro!"), Tom Waits' traveling holy man, etc.--pile up. And I love how a lot of it never comes together. It's so random and colorful, as if writer Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko) shoehorned in as many oddities as he could. And Tony Scott (Top Gun, Man on Fire) directs it in full-on I-don't-give-a-****, I-love-LSD mode, with constant camera motion and flashy, surreal colors galore. The movie also deserves a brownie point or two for using Mickey Rourke well in a key role a few years before The Wrestler.

So, is anyone else fond of the bat-**** insane Domino? Or am I alone here? lol

Favorite Answer

Nope, I hated the movie. A mess with no direction. And I found the visual style very annoying.

i found the movies fairly interesting. it wasn't super amazing but it was pretty good