What disease causes you to have shaky hands and tremors?

My seventeen year old niece has this problem where sometimes, her hands start shaking and she looses control of her muscles. At times, she's also been known to have seizures but nothing life-threatening. Last year, it got so bad that whenever she just let her hands hang, they'd start shaking so whenever she'd tried to sleep, she couldn't. They've tried taking her to the hospital and ran multiple tests on her but everything appeared to be normal. The doctors said that she just needed rest. Currently, her random tremors lessen but she still has them. I'm worried that it might evolve into something life-threatening or grow into something worse. Please, I love my cousin and I was hoping if somebody had an answer.

Also, she also has scoliosis and recurring back pain. Maybe they're connected neurologically?

• Sach
    Favorite Answer

Since all her tests came back normal, it's highly unlikely that it's a neurological problem. Tremors in a young adult doesn't automatically equate to Parkinsons.

The most common type of tremor in childhood is called Benign Essential Tremor. It classically occurs in two groups. The young adults and old adults. In the young adults it is thought to be a genetic disorder. Benign essential tremor is a diagnosis of exclusion. That means the only thing you can have is a tremor...which is probably what the neurologist will diagnose it as after everything else checks out normal. Things that make the tremor worse are anxiety, stress and caffeine. Best regards to your niece..Tc

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My seventeen year old niece has this problem where sometimes, her hands start shaking and she looses control of her muscles. At times, she's also been known to have seizures but nothing life-threatening. Last year, it got so bad that whenever she just let her hands hang, they'd start...

Source(s): disease shaky hands tremors: https://tinyurl.im/VWZY3

This could be a very serious problem and could possibly be Parkinsons disease. That is a common cause for having tremors, but there are other possible causes to. Would your cousin be open to natural remedies? There is a new natural product on the market that is having a lot of great results for things like this. It may or may not work for her but when it comes to health everything is worth a try. Check out this link to read some peoples experience with it. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/New-MangosteenStorie... email me with any other questions

Muscle something syndrome, when basically the brain can't control the muscle movements of the body. Contact your doctor right away. If the hospital can't find anything, then they're obviously doing a bad job.

Has she seen a neurologist? Shaking hands and tremors are a sign of a neurological imbalance.