promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
David
Lv 6
David asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Pulp Fiction or Magnolia?

Two very different films--one a crime thriller, the other a poignant family/relationship drama--yet also similar films in certain respects. Sprawling, multi-character films set in Los Angeles, full of meaningful coincidences. Both Oscar-nominated cult classics, too.

So, which do you prefer?

Bonus Q: Which performance is better--John Travolta in Pulp Fiction or Tom Cruise in Magnolia?

Update:

Oh, damn, this is proving to be very one-sided, lol.

I prefer Magnolia.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

lol, poor PTA...

Two years ago, I would have said "Pulp Fiction" without hesitation. I hadn't even seen all of Magnolia, but PF was one of my favorite films. Now I've seen it so many times, and seen it mentioned on Y!A -so- often, that I'm sort of...over it? It's not even my favorite Tarantino film.

Anyway, both are fantastic, but Magnolia is still fresh material for me, and I was completely entranced while watching.

BA: Tom Cruise, surprisingly. He was a fantastic assh*le in the film. And I love his "RESPECT THE COCK" speech. If you'd compared him to Jules, the outcome may have been different. Actually, I'm sure it would have.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Ace
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Pulp Fiction

BQ: John Travolta in Pulp Fiction

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Pulp Fiction

• 9 years ago

Pulp Fiction!!

BQ: John Travolta

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Pulp Fiction.

• 9 years ago

John Travolta in Pulp Fiction

• Andrew
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Pulp Fiction, though both are really good.

Bonus Q: John Travolta in Pulp Fiction

Edit: Magnolia is very close behind in my opinion, but unfortunately it isn't recognized on the same level as pulp fiction.

• 9 years ago

As far as a movie goes, i give it to Pulp Fiction, but for the bonus question i say Tom Cruise's performance was better than Travolta's, but not as good as Samuel L. Jackson's

• Donny
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Magnolia is a movie that I really need to re-watch, but I really loved it the first time. I bought the DVD about a month ago, but haven't gotten around to watching it again yet.

but on the other hand, Pulp Fiction is my second favorite movie of all time. it's an all around masterpiece without a dull moment, and it's also one of the most quotable movies of all time

BQ- John Travolta. I actually think it's a pretty underrated performance. Everyone talks about Samuel L Jackson stealing the show, but I really think that it was Travolta who gave the best performance

• 9 years ago

Pulp Fiction

BQ: Travolta in Pulp Fiction but Cruise was great

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.