Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 10 years ago

how do i get rid of Ozone Smell?

hey guys, im currently operating my own small buisness using Ozone generators to eliminate odors. anyone in this current field should respond.

After shock treatments the original foul odor is all but destroyed but it is replaced by an acrid smell of ozone lasting MUCH MUCH longer than the 1-1.5 hours dissipating time stated by most manufacturers of these machines.

usually the smell will die out in 24 hrs. how can i get rid of this smell faster? even with fans going after shock treatments some rooms are just plain uninhabitable untill the smell desperses, sometimes up to the full 24 hrs. i have not met one person that can stand this smell, even after 6 hours from treatment.

any advice?

Machine: Odor Free Villa 1000 up to 4000 sq ft. 6,000mgphr treating rooms ranging from 350-2000 sq ft.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jaime
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Open the windows.

A very simple answer, I know, but it will do it.

Even if it's cold outside, open those windows.

-

• albano
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Ozone Treatment For House

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

If you add humidity, the ozone smell will decay much faster, and the amount you add will be much more effective (so I also agree you may be adding too much). Get it up to 80%RH, give or take.

[EDIT:

Let me add a bit more, here. Ozone attacks dyes in fabrics, starting with blue and working towards red. Ozone attacks the padding in carpet, and in all but air and water mattresses. Ozone generators ingesting damp air also make NOx, which have a lot of staying power, are sticky and stinky, and very difficult to get rid of at temperatures that fabrics and appliances can tolerate. Ozone also attacks wiring insulation, both motors and in the walls (if you leave it on long enough).

If you are going to apply strong ozone doses, they should be from commercial grade generators that are fed from a dry air stream, probably from outdoors (as the air prep components don't tolerate ingesting ozone themselves).

So,

- snake the ozone outlet hose / tube into the space to be treated

- use a "box fan" to distribute the ozone

- use a humidifier to get the humidity up (yes this become sacrificial every few tens of houses)

- turn the space's A/C unit on to circulate air into other rooms (and itself be decontaminated)

- use a timer on the ozone, to make sure you do not overdose.

The machines you cite are glorified "Ionic Breeze" types, without the catalytic ozone destruct feature. Good for siphoning dollars out of pockets, but assuring the problems you cite. And more.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201011...

]

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how do i get rid of Ozone Smell?

hey guys, im currently operating my own small buisness using Ozone generators to eliminate odors. anyone in this current field should respond.

After shock treatments the original foul odor is all but destroyed but it is replaced by an acrid smell of ozone lasting MUCH MUCH longer than the 1-1.5...

Source(s): rid ozone smell: https://biturl.im/DCMz3
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

It sounds like you are over-dosing. Lighten it up a little. Ozone will attack the odors, so provide it with something else to attack that isn't so unpleasant, like orange oil or perfume or something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.