Ability: Technician

Nature: Jolly

Moveset EVs

~ Fake Out

~ Taunt

~ Low Kick / Pursuit / Payback

~ U-turn / Return

252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Ambipom has all of the ingredients he needs to become a successful lead. Fake Out should generally be used first to not only break Focus Sashes, but to gain vital information on your opponent; what item your opponent's lead Pokemon is holding, what the response to Ambipom was, or even the identification of the opponent's set by determining how much damage it received from Fake Out are helpful clues. Taunt, in tandem with Ambipom's amazing Speed, prevents common leads, such as Uxie, Omastar, and Qwilfish, from setting up disastrous entry hazards on your side. The other moves are just the icing on the cake: Low Kick is recommended for bashing Omastar, Kabutops, and Registeel, while U-turn is useful for scouting your opponent's predicted moves. Against leads such as Mismagius, Uxie, and Mesprit, there are two Dark-type moves that can be considered over Low Kick. Pursuit can trap the aforementioned Pokemon and take priority over both pixie's U-turn, while Payback is the more powerful choice in general. If you feel that U-turn is redundant, then Return is a valuable option to deal consistent damage to many common Pokemon. Life Orb is the preferred item as it boosts the power of Ambipom's every attack to a deadly level, but Silk Scarf can be used instead to boost both Fake Out's and Return's damage output without any recoil.

Source(s): Smogon. I Copied And Pasted So If It Doesnt Make Much Sense Or Hard 2 Understand, Blame My Lazyness
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

I would get rid of Double Hit and teach it Giga Impact and for Acrobatics i've never heard of it so that or thunderbolt.

• 9 years ago

Forget double hit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.