how come lj smiths fired from writing v.d?

i've been hearing rumours about l.j smith not writing the vampire diaries anymore ??

though i cant get it .. soo .. shes not writing the new v.d trilogy ?

thanku in advance

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not a rumor--it's true, confirmed by a big Vampire Diaries fan site that contacted the publisher. She won't be writing the new Vampire Diaries trilogy. Midnight will still come out as is, but Phantom (the first book of the new trilogy) will be a combination of Smith's writing and a ghostwriter's work. Every book after that will be solely written by the ghostwriter.

She got fired from writing the books because she never owned the rights to them. She made a deal to publish the books through a book packager and doing so instead of making a deal with the actual publisher. As such, the book packager/publisher owned the rights to the novels, not her. From what I've heard, the first four books were heavily directed by those people. With the Return trilogy, LJ Smith started writing Delena (Damon and Elena) more instead of Stelena (Stefan and Elena) and doing it her way. According to the right-owners, Stelena was endgame and they didn't like that she was writing so much Delena. Since she was an employee that did not do as she was told, they fired her.

It's awful this happened, but I'm sad to say that firing her was within their rights. They owned the rights to the series and she was just an employee hired to write the books. The employee refused to do as she was told and when you have an employee that isn't doing their job right, you do what's best for the company and fire her. (If the first four books were written according the the publisher and the next two were according to LJ, this explains *so much* about the drop in quality from the original quartet to the new trilogy.)

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I doubt that is why but i have been knowing she has not been writing the books for a long time now. So this is old news. she didnt even write the stefan diaries and maybe some before that.

• Javik
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

The general idea is that she was more enthusiastic about Elena/Damon than her bosses wanted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.