Does anyone else think Ray winstone has no range as an actor, and only does cockney geezers?

why do so many actors get lorded and awarded for playing themselves in movies

Ray Winstone has to be the ultimate on this subject, in interviews hes exactly the same as ANY of his characters, different costume and hat same person behind it all.

i find that confidence plays a big part in being an actor, and as long as you can be in Front of a camera you are called an actor, just watched him trying to be henry the the 8th, what a joke.

who else do you think just plays themselves. don't even get me started on danny dyer, all he does is act a chirpy cockney lad--which he is in real life. by the way ive got nothing against cockneys.

• LilyRT
    Favorite Answer

range is only one part of acting. ray winstone is largely a character actor--meaning he does play the same role in most of his roles. but, a lot of great character actors steal scenes right and left from their counterparts who are considered "better". steve buscemi plays the same smart aleck motor mouth in most of his roles, and everybody (including me) loves him because he just so much fun to watch. thelma ritter was an older hollywood actress who routinely stole scenes from bette davis and james stewart.

Definitely.....although danny dyer is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much worse!!! annoys me BIG TIME!!!

I don't know about THE best but he is very good and he does get type cast, but he does play a really good gangster. Put English Gangsters and American gangsters together and the British win hands, we say F*U* C* K like we mean it!