Who made the FJORD fly fishing equipment? I have a Fjord fly rod model R-720.?

I have a Fjord fly rod, model R-720. Does anyone know anything about the company? My brother paid well over a hundred dollars for this rod over 30 years ago, but I can't find any information about it.

Favorite Answer

in the 60s there was a jap knock-off of the medalist series of fly reels called fjord. l don't know how long they lasted. the company, that is. l'm guessing they had rods to go with them. l can't see them selling for that price. jap tackle back then was inferior, low priced ... uh ... stuff.

sorry. l'm telling you as l see it.

the japanese made second class knock-offs of many fine products. l have a japanese copy of the first model of mitchell 300 in my collection. a dead ringer. one of a newer mitchell also. and a copy of an alcedo micron. mitchell and shakespeare/pflueger seemed to be the most often copied until they started making some of their own designs.