Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What do you think being "God Consciousness " really is?

Some Christians seem very negatively opposed to these words... so, what do these words mean theologically, and educationally as to how you understand this?

I am not referring to the Cosmos here!

Thanks for your honest replies?

Good answer Biridie Whoo who!

Come on people don't be afraid to explore this so the confusion stops...

Does it make sense to Dismiss something before you know what it is?

"Prayer kindles the soul into intense consciousness of God, and it is then the glory of holiness shines through."

this is beautifully expressed and is on the page of one of our best loved Christians... so come on, lets explore these words... deeply... and see what they mean?

Best Answer

I think Rob gave a very good answer here.

To me: God consciousness is, Love consciousness Because the Bible says God is Love.

(1 John 4:8) When we are love conscious we don't feel the need to condemn and Judge people who do see things different than us. When we are love conscious we don't become fear mongers and we don't threaten others.The Bible clearly states that; There is no fear in love and perfect love drives out fear. Because fear has to do with punishment. (1 John 4:18) Paul said in his letter in 1 Corinthians 13:8 ~ “Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.” At the end LOVE stands alone.

So in a nutshell, to me ascending to high level of consciousness means taking the high road and walking in love. in the midst of contradictory situation A lot of Christians profess that God is FIRST in their lives; Well, here is the secret: putting God first would mean putting love first. If putting Him first means doing His commandments & His commandments are to love one another then you are putting God first. So we all are EVOLVING TO LOVE consciousness to live love.

One of my very favorite reflections from Henri Nouwen is "Love Deeply," found in his book "The Inner Voice of Love." This beautiful meditation reminds me to continue to love and here is sharing it with you, I hope you get blessed by it as well.

"Do not hesitate to love and to love deeply.

You might be afraid of the pain that deep love can cause. When those you love deeply reject you, leave you, or die, your heart will be broken. But that should not hold you back from loving deeply. The pain that comes from deep love makes your love ever more fruitful. It is like a plow that breaks the ground to allow the seed to take root and grow into a strong plant. Every time you experience the pain of rejection, absence, or death, you are faced with a choice. You can become bitter and decide not to love again, or you can stand straight in your pain and let the soil on which you stand become richer and more able to give life to new seeds.

The more you have loved and have allowed yourself to suffer because of your love, the more you will be able to let your heart grow wider and deeper. When your love is truly giving and receiving, those whom you love will not leave your heart even when they depart from you. They will become part of your self and thus gradually build a community within you.

Those you have deeply loved become part of you. The longer you live, there will always be more people to be loved by you and to become part of your inner community. The wider your inner community becomes, the more easily you will recognize your own brothers and sisters in the strangers around you. Those who are alive within you will recognize those who are alive around you. The wider the community of your heart, the wider the community around you. Thus the pain of rejection, absence, and death can become fruitful. Yes, as you love deeply the ground of your heart will be broken more and more, but you will rejoice in the abundance of the fruit it will bear."

***************************************************//***************************************************

In Conclusion: If our knowledge of God produces pride, then we really don't understand much about God.The truth will bring us closer to God & increase our love for ALL people, not just for the ones who believe as we do, look like us or, dress like us.

The Truth is very humbling.IMHO.

Namaste.

• Jill

It seems to me that God Consciousness is a blessing bestowed upon us once every fibre of our being longs to be in communion with God.

It is a feeling of being filled with the Holy Spirit. We see and feel with new eyes, and a new heart. Our hearts are lifted so that they overflow with joy. There is a deep sense of peace that nothing can disturb, and we know that we are in communion with a power that is so loving so compassionate that nothing can ever disturb it. There is a sense of awe and wonder and oneness when we look upon any of God's creation. There is also a deep sense of natural gratitude that the bounty of this blessing brings, because it brings us home to God.

Theologically and educationally it is not very easy to put into words because it is not experienced with the mind, or any part of us that can communicate very easily it's true essence. It just IS. It comes from a place that is beyond words.

:) :) :)

I am not opposed to it at all. It is consciousness of God, through Christ

We shouldn't be afraid to emphasize the spirituality of Christianity. It's not new age. It's timeless scripture.

John 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Psalms 77:3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

Pro 20: 27 The spirit of man [is] the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

looking up more in the NT...

Mark 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly [is] ready, but the flesh [is] weak.

Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

and on and on and on

• Sweet Kar....

I feel it is when we align our Self to God's unconditional love....we just know/feel....we see that everything is us and we are everything in God's Love. God's love knows no boundaries.

Happy Valentines Day :))

I love you!

p.s. I don't want it to seem like to anyone reading this that I am making this sound so easy...it is a job that lasts a lifetime or maybe lifetimes (?)...we must shed our false self skins/veils/identities/false comforts and blind 'certainties'. no small task! We have to have the courage to go hunting inwardly, not externally, in the deep crevices of our own heart and feelings.

• Rob P

This term can apply to all of Life. I have stated that God is Light, Life & Love. God is Truth Eternal. God Consciousness is oft used to express one being in tuned to Truth Eternal, which is revealed when all judgment is laid aside and pure Love is allowed to flow freely. It is when one becomes ONE with all of Life seen and unseen, known and unknown, conceived and beyond conception, et al.

We tend to think too much and thinking requires conclusions in order for the mind to make its final judgment. This is to err. Conclusion is not dynamic nor eternal. Conclusion is death. Death of continuance, death of freedom, death of dynamism, death of ideas, imagination, unlimited possibilities, death of creation.

God Consciousness is not thinking but instead is BEING. For the ego's mind, this is too fluid and therefore escapes judgment which it will battle against at all costs. The ego seeks to destroy what reveals ego for what it is: Death, destruction, judgment, condemnation and conclusion. Truth is Life Eternal and it is what IS... not what is perceived.

Blessings

• ?

Casting down imaginations and all high things that exhalteth itself against the knowledge of God,and bringing into captivity all thoughts to the obedience of Christ

• tammee

That means being one with god! Having love, focussing on important issues and having peace and love resolutions.

Nothing to fret! It's all about love.

Scripture teaches that nobody comes to Christ unless the Father calls them. So being "God conscious" mean that the father has called you and it is your time.

The people who use terms like "God consciousness" tend to be secular humanists.

Their one pitfall is that they don't really regard God to be a person in His Own right.

Source(s): "Source"

Why aren't you referring to the cosmos? Do you have something against the cosmos?