Are records center and resource center the same thing?

Can someone give me a list of records centre and resource centre worldwide? thank you.

Favorite Answer

Records include a facilities where records or copies of records are stored and some centers archive a particular type of record. A resource center is like a records center in that is stores records, but it also provides information (resources) about the topics of interest and how to locate of other information about the topic. Both are libraries and there are thousands of them through the world. An example is the National Archives; the archives of a specific state, diocese office, a local library, or Family History Centers.

Unfortunately I do not have a list of the centers worldwide, I have several books that list various information about where to locate specific types of records. You could find a list of Family History Centers on familysearch.org,

Source(s): Genealogical researcher 35 + years and volunteer at local Family History Center.