Are you bringing a treat to your childs preschool (or school) for Valentines Day?

I was given the option, and I bought those small cupcakes for the preschool class. My son just turned 3 and he is new to the school so I think this may help him make friends :)

BQ~ when do I need to invest in V-Day cards? I thought about getting them for his class, but he can't write, and has failed to remember any of the children's names after the first week.

Additional BQ~ do you give Valentines to all the kids, or just boys/girls? I am way behind on my Valentine etiquette.

Thanks.

Artie~ I answered :) I am so happy with the transition and I wish you the same luck :)

Favorite Answer

My son's in second grade, and his class is having a Valentine's Day party where all of the kids signed up to bring something... i.e. a treat, napkins, plates, etc. It also happens to be his birthday tomorrow, so he's bringing batman cupcakes. Tried to convince him to go with the V-Day theme, but he was having none of it.

My daughters will both be at daycare tomorrow. Our daycare provider is having a party for all the kids with puppy chow, cupcakes, fruit punch, etc.

They're all bringing valentines and boxes of conversation hearts to hand out. My son's teacher gave out a class list, and we know all of the other kids at daycare by name. The rule at both institutions is that you either bring a valentine for everyone, or you don't bring a valentine for anyone.

I would for sure. Although I woulnt get cupcakes, but buy/make something healthy or at least semi healthy.

And absolutely get cards! You don't have to write all the to: names, but it's great practice to get your child to write his name or even the first letter of his name. The kids Love to get valentines cards! It's all for fun, I don't see how something so cheap and heartwarming can so be so silly!

All the kids in our class get and receive vday cards. We don't write the to: names to make it easy for everyone. The cards are dropped into the kids mailboxes. Most parents bring a treat so I really suggest you make something healthy next time. (even pink/red fruits!). Our class was over loaded with sugar treats this year. You dont want to offend parents by not giving the kids the stuff they bring but it was ridiculous how many treats were brought

Source(s): Prschool Teacher

Uh, I would say never. Cupcakes are a good treat, but vday cards for every kid in the class? They're 4. I just think it's silly to give a kid a card like that. Bring in some cupcakes or candy... chances are the cards get trashed or stashed within a week.

When he INSISTS on bringing them, then you can buy them. But for now when it's all depending on what you do... just bring in desserts.

• I'm one of those obnoxious, over-achievers that all the other moms hate, so I tend to go a little overboard with my kids' valentines.

This year, we made mini apple pies and heart brownies for my younger kids' school parties and for my older ones to give to their friends (my kids are 13, 11, 8, 6, and 3)

http://www.twigandthistle.com/blog/2009/02/diy-swe...

We usually don't give out candy because there's only so much processed corn syrup one can shove down their mouth a day, and my kids like making things better than going to the store and picking out random crappy cards.

BQ: Honestly, kids that young don't need cards; they'll be happy with the cupcakes. When your son gets older and goes to elementary, the teachers should give out class lists so you can have all the names.

BQ: We give them to all the kids.

My son is 17 months old and is having a party at his daycare.

We made mini cupcakes and he is giving out valentines to all of his classmates. I had him scribble on them with crayons and I will write the names on them.

I'm surprised the teacher didn't send out lists of the classmates for you.

I would go get valentines, I would imagine the other kids will be passing them out, you don't want him to feel 'left out' of the delivery.

I'm a 10th/11th grade teacher. I told my kids they could bring in something small and we can have a mini party after they finished taking their quiz. As for my kids, they are only 2 and in daycare.

Hey I asked a question for you! You don't have to answer if you don't want but I was curious how your son was adjusting!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aql95...

Edit: My daycare had a Valentine's party where all the kids brought cards to exchange. We wrote their names and lets our kids do their own personal "scribble" on it.

Oh nice. Here kid, if you can't make friends, buy 'em.

My niece's school has the option for each kid to bring in either a treat or a card or whatever...either bring something for every kid or bring nothing at all. We've spent the day making chocolate truffles and origami boxes....yeah, we're much too cool for dumb store-bought cards, apparently. I think it's dumb, but she wanted to do it, and it's her choice, so.

You bring them for everyone, boys and girls.