Father wants to keep baby, i want adoption, advice?

The father of my baby, who is no longer my bf, wants to keep the baby. He says he can be a single dad. He has a decent work history, but he does not have enough money to raise it alone. I want to give my baby the best life, i want to give it up for adoption. Can he take the baby away and raise it all by himself?... show more The father of my baby, who is no longer my bf, wants to keep the baby. He says he can be a single dad. He has a decent work history, but he does not have enough money to raise it alone. I want to give my baby the best life, i want to give it up for adoption.

Can he take the baby away and raise it all by himself? I fear he will be a bad father. When he is stressed out he gets abusive, definitely more verbally than physically. I don't want my baby to deal with this, and the reason we are not together anymore is because i chose to not deal with him anymore.

ADVICE. please.