Girls, would you date a guy, who has kids?

Why or why not? Would it depend on his age, age of his kids etc.?

• Oprah
    Favorite Answer

I wouldn't date someone with a child but If you date someone who has a child, you have to ask yourself if you’d be okay with certain things. In addition to visitation, he’s most likely giving a big chunk of his paycheck for child support. Also, the age of the child can be a factor. If the kid is young, do you want to deal with crying, and temper tantrums, and soiled diapers? If the kid is an adolescent or teenager, do you want to deal with angst and resentment? Not that any of those things would definitely happen, but you never know. There’s a lot to take under consideration when it’s not just you and him.

I may have a “never say never” mentality when it comes to my dating preferences, but the kid-factor is a huge consideration. The truth is, I’m not interested in being a mother anytime soon…it’s not difficult to imagine myself remaining childless for the rest of my life. At this point, I’m also not interested in taking care of anyone else’s child. And really, I don’t think that’s harsh. I think that’s just being honest.

I would NOT RECOMMEND to anyone that they date a man with kids or at least don't move in together, it's too much!

The wife might try to get back with you're husband or try to kill you because he's with you.

I would but that's because I'm a stable 20 something that already has a career and works in counseling services so I get all the aspects of mixed families, etc. Honestly, that's a lot for someone to take on but people that are willing to give it a shot are out there. You just have to know where to find these quality woman :)

I wouldn't, but I'm only 21. It depends more on my age than his. At my age, I wouldn't date anyone more than 30. Although I like kids, I don't really want to be with someone who already has them - it's too messy for me. I want to start my life off fresh.

I would definitely date a guy who has kids, that wouldn't interfere with a casual dating relationship. However I would have to consider if I would have a serious, committed relationship. This would depend on how his children felt about his father in a relationship, on how much his children would be involved in a relationship, on how the presence of his children would interfere with us having kids of our own, on the involvement of his previous wife/girlfriend and on the basis of how I got along with his kids.

But I'd date a guy with kids any day, if I liked him.

Source(s): Hope this helped :)

I'm always careful when I date a guy with kids. I have three of my own and that's more than enough. I get to know him really well before I'll meet his kids. I always feel bad breaking off a relationship, but I know a grown man can handle it. I don't want to hurt children, especially if it can be avoided. When I date a man with kids, loving him isn't enough. I have to love his kids and he has to love mine. I would never ask him to choose me over his kids. So if I can't love them completely, I break it off. And I'm honest about why. Asking a guy to choose you over his kids is NEVER loving him.

No I'm way too young for kids I can't even take care of myself let alone someone else

It depends on my age, if i was in my 20s no. older maybe but you would have to be seriously mad into him.

• pk

It depends on his relationship with their Mother, how serious we are and what role I'd be playing (if any) in the children's lives.

i have and it is really not bad.... i acctually loved it :) if you wanna be goofy you got an excuse you just have to be carefull like not to try and dicipline his kids and stuff like that i would imagine that would start a fight

Source(s): life :)

yes if i truly loved him i wouldnt let anything come between us!

<3