Who would win in a war , Egypt or Israel.?

I need scenarios with allies and no allies. Israel is obviously more advanced with weaponry and a on land and slighty more on Air but Egypt has a more powerful Navy and like 3 times the amount of soldiers.

Update:

Dont take into regard the current situations. And i know Egypt and Israel wont war i just want to hear points of views.

With both at their strongest and no interior problems and no allies on each side directly involved in the war (Financial aid and weapons is ok but no military aid) who would win?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Consider this: Israel and Egypt have fought four wars to date. Egypt always had a quantitative advantage and often a selective qualitative advantage in some areas. Egypt also had Arab allies in three of those wars that were fighting Israel on other fronts.

Israel won each time.

Egypt has not fought a real war since 1973 (Egyptian involvement in the Gulf War notwithstanding). Israel has fought several additional wars, and maintains constant military activity.

To address some of your points above:

- no matter how many troops Egypt may have, they must get them across the Suez Canal to engage Israel. The canal is too easy to interdict. Combat river corssings are one of the hardest things to do for any Army. That is a combat problem that might be too hard to overcome given the Egyptian limited river crossing capability.

- while the Egyptian Navy may have a numbers advantage, their force is crap - old and worn out. The Israeli Naval Force is the most modern and capable navy in the far eastern Med.

My money is on the IDF every time.

Source(s): 22.5 years active duty; 4 years USAR/NG
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Right now? Israel hands down. Egypt has no government or central control. The military is spread throughout the country with tanks stuck on street corners unable to move.

• 9 years ago

Kind of a dumb question considering both their militaries are dependent on U.S. aid. Egypt ranks #10 army, but we all know what israel did in the last wars between them...

• 9 years ago

Israel, because they have a better Air Force, but Egypt is in a crisis.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Israel could inflict more destruction but it would be a great lost for both countries and the region if that happen .

• 9 years ago

Israel without a doubt.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Israel already did it before. They can do it again. Even by taking the Sabbath off.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

All you just think in war.

E.U.A just want to be in control and fight.

God bless Israel.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Egipt has already said that they will sign the peace treaty with Israel.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Israel, no question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.