?
? asked in SportsWrestling · 9 years ago

Would HHH return to WWE just to lose?

Some fans thought Triple H was going to return in the rumble match, now it's being said he'll face Undertaker at WM. Do you honestly think that he would return to in ring action just to lose which in essence would kill any momentum he would have if he didn't lose.

BQ. Do you think that WWE would announce Triple H's retirement even tho he'll be with WWE for the rest of his life and could always be used when needed for a fill in at least or a ratings boost. They announce his retirement and that remove that option. Would WWE do that?

I know the sources say that's what seems to be in the crystal ball, but think about it?

• Favorite Answer

I do not think HHH will return just to retire in a month. HHH said in an interview that he wants to stay in the ring for a year or 2 to build up younger stars to main event status (Miz. ADR, Daniel Bryan, Drew Mcyntire, etc) - And if he retires, he would not be able to do that. HHH is also the guy that will never "officially" retire. He would always do another match if needed.

Thats why I see Undertaker facing Y2J at Wrestlemania this year. Jericho is a former WCW guy, so it would please the crowd. It would be a phenomenal match with the potential to surpass HBK vs Undertaker from the past 2 years.

BQ: I think they would say he has retired from the ring, but is still with the company. But again like I said above, HHH is not the kind of guy to officially retire.

Source(s): Quote of the Day Returns Monday!
  • tex

he would not return just to lose a match, i haven't heard if he will face Undertaker or not at Wrestlemania, but those are the rumors. he should have a small feud first before Wrestlemania., WWE could do anything they want as long as it helps the ratings. i would rather see Wade Barrett go against the Undertaker.

A retirement match does not mean retirement from the business....Ric Flair already proved that :) It would only show that he would not be in the main event on a weekly basis....

To me HHH VS taker at Mania makes NO Sense, like why would he retire with a unfinished feud with Sheamus?

Don't know but I see him as taking Vince's job sooner or later.

It doesn't seem likely, but it can very well happen.