Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Angel asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

what is the name of this movie?

it's from around the early 1980's

a teacher teaching in a small school house, and it's overtaken by terrorists in crazy looking masks (like halloween masks)...the teacher and the kids end up hiding in a cave or something trying to survive....?

i'm trying to remember more info...i think the title was one word, i keep thinking labyrinth, but evidently that's something totally different. any help appreciated :)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Fortress (1986 cable movie)

starring Rachel Ward

IMDB review:

A young teacher, preparing for a well-deserved hiatus, and her small class of nine students are kidnapped by masked gunmen and taken to the Australian Outback. They must band together to fight back and escape and discover that they have far more power than they could imagine.

TRIVIA:

The film is loosely based on the 1972 Faraday School kidnapping of a teacher and her class by Edwin John Eastwood and Robert Clyde Boland. Eastwood later escaped from prison and repeated the crime with another teacher and her class in 1977.

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FAB_mM5ttU

You would be amazed by how often this film is asked about on all of the movie mystery sites I visit! I watched it a number of times when it originally aired and have caught it several times since then.

• 1 decade ago

was it toy soldiers with sean astin ??

http://movietimezone.com/watch-toy-soldiers-1991-m...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.