Matt asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

What Bette Davis movie is this?

What movie is this from. Starring Vivien Leigh and Audrey Hepburn. Davis might be in it but I'm not sure. I think it was "Upset Paradise" but I could be wrong. 1955 I think. Was Bogie in it?

Vivien Leigh would have been in her mid sixties so she could have played a matronly figure to Hepburn. Hepburn was in it I'm pretty sure.

This would have been after Roman Holiday.

I'm positive they were. It was released in the fifties I watched it years ago. IMDb doesn't have it listed but that site has never been very reliable when it comes to movies. Was Davis in it?

Most classic actors were in a movie together at some point but not all of course. Someone like Leigh and someone like Hepburn were definitely in at least ONE movie together. They both had very long careers and extremely expansive portfolios. Especially Leigh.

Hmm no I'm pretty positive Leigh and Hepburn dominated the principal roles. Bogie was throwaway sideliner I think. Maybe 15 minutes of screen time. This would have been before he was a big star though. Davis was in it too.

Favorite Answer

Do you recall anything about this movie? Isn't there any part of the plot you recall to help us guide you to the film? Your cast list simply doesn't add up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Audrey Hepburn has a bit part in "Laughter in Paradise" (1951).

I'll have to investigate further, as nothing has come to mind yet. // These people did not all act together. Bette Davis and Humphrey Bogart were co-stars. I've been comparing filmographies and have come up empty-handed.

There's "The Captain's Paradise" (1953), in which his careful plans with two wives are completely destroyed. Stars are Alec Guinness, Yvonne De Carlo and Celia Johnson. So, that's too far off except for a half-match to the title and only two years off from the estimated year.

NOTE: Vivien Leigh was plagued with illness/depression and made a limited number of movies in her 30-year career. I've looked at her filmography, and Audrey Hepburn did not act in any of those films.

Also, you must recall that, in that period you estimate, actors were under contract to various studios and rarely were able to act together. Sometimes, a studio might borrow someone, but that tended to be a rarity. Bette Davis and Humphrey Bogart were at Warner Brothers, thus they have at least one film together ("Dark Victory"). Bogart acted with Hepburn in "Sabrina".

Again, Leigh and Hepburn did not act together. It simply didn't happen.

EDIT 2: It couldn't have been before Bogart was a star because his claim to fame began when he played Duke Mantee in "The Petrified Forest" (1936), a role he had played on the Broadway stage with major star Leslie Howard, who insisted that Bogart, not Edward G. Robinson, play the role. He had to fight the big bosses at Warner Brothers, and it paid off big for Humphrey Bogart. So, if Bogie had a small role, it would have been deemed a cameo. It also should be noted that Bogart's and Leigh's careers were coming to a close as Hepburn's was blossoming. After comparing filmographies, I still say that there is no movie that has the cast you are listing. If there is, I'd certainly like to know about it!

Vivien Leigh and Audrey Hepburn were never in a movie together.

would desire to you be thinking of "Hush, Hush candy Charlotte" starring Bette Davis and Olivia de Havilland? "Mildred Pierce" became Joan Crawford, by utilising the way. Nope, checked back. Ridinthestorm is stable - that's "lifeless Ringer."