Can a military widow get life insurance from the military?

My father is a retired SFC/Active Duty Army. He passed away in 1987 & wife does collect from that. But, I was wondering if she can get her own life insurance through the military? If not, is USAA a good choice to go through or can you recommended better?

• NWIP
    Favorite Answer

No life insurance is only offered to those AD in the military and their spouses, once they get out or retire it stops for the family. USAA, MetLife, Mutual of Omaha are good companies to go through.

Unfortunately, she is not entitled to life insurance benefits through tha VA or the Army. USAA is a very good company, one of the best in terms of customer satisfaction.

Source(s): I have USAA homeowners insurance- they are really good.

No, nothing through the military. USAA has very good insurance programs.

I echo the sentiment of both answerers ahead of me. I have USAA auto already, and the military has already done its part. I encourage you to call USAA, or better to sit with your mom when she does to get a good policy in place.

Nope,

All she could get would be term insurance.

And it will be expensive for her to get.

below is a link for term life insurance policy comparison

You enter the info and it gives you rates from different insurance companies.

• Pete T

I have a good policy from New York Life thru AARP , sounds like she is old enough to be an AARP member, check it out .