Can my Norton fix registry errors?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
or do I have to buy one of those 30 $$ things that only fix registry errors
Best Answer
No but CCleaner can.

Source:

• Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (4)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • George Hamton answered 3 years ago
    If you get frequent error messages and program freezes, maybe it’s time to clean your computer registry. Your PC’s registry is a like library, storing the settings for the programs you run most often. An efficient, well-organized registry helps your PC run faster.

With time, as you create new files, delete old programs and install new software, your Windows registry stores information you thought you’d removed long ago. These old entries clutter your computer, and the library ends up disorganized, with files scattered everywhere.

Signs of a slow registry include:

* Frequent Error Messages
    * Program Freezes
    * Computer Crashes

Source(s):

http://oneclickfix.org
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ES answered 3 years ago
    If you get frequent error messages and program freezes, maybe it’s time to clean your computer registry. Your PC’s registry is a like library, storing the settings for the programs you run most often. An efficient, well-organized registry helps your PC run faster

Source(s):

http://tinyurl.com/5vlrf3z
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Smokies Hiker answered 3 years ago
    No it won't. It may cause some registry errors though! There's a very good registry cleaner that I've been using for quite awhile. It's free and not so powerful that it will get you into trouble! The Windows Registry is the heart and soul of the operating system, and if you get some problems started in the registry, it can turn your computer into a paperweight! It's called Auslogics Registry Cleaner. Link provided if you care to look. http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/reg... . It's safe and easy to use. The last registry scan can always be reversed if you think something happened. I've never had problems with it. Just be careful with Norton! I had problems with it years ago and received little help from their technicians. They usually took at least 3 to 4 days to get back to you to try and solve a problem! You don't need to spend a lot of money on security software. Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, Avast and others are free and very good unless you're reckless at the web sites you visit. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Source(s):

Personal experience.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 3 years ago
    Norton can't fix anything. all it does is take money from you.

There are plenty of free programs. I use CCleaner. It cleans out the temp files and cookies as well as the Registry.

I also use Microsoft Security Essentials as my Anti Virus program. It is Free. I know >>> Microsoft and Free in the same sentence. Yes MSSE is a very good anti virus program.

Top rated by PC User Magazine.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock