How many games will Eric Godard get suspended for?

For jumping off the bench in yesterday's game.

Also, I'm glad the Islanders stood up for themselves.

Update:

... Duh!.. I forgot about that..

Update 2:

BQ: Will there be any other suspensions?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

10 at least.

And you call that standing up for themselves?

That was pathetic and disgraceful. The Islanders are a joke.

Martin's going to be suspended

Gillies deserves to be banned for at least the remainder of the season and the first 20 of next year.

Haley will be suspended

Bylsma will be suspended.

And that entire officiating crew should be fired. The NHL needs to get their **** together.

And just to refresh your memory, it was DiPietro who skated in front of Cooke last week, and then invited Johnson to the fight. It's not Johnny's fault DiPietro is held together with chewing gum and duct tape.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

As other people have stated, Godard will get an automatic 10 for jumping off the bench. They may find another few to add to it. I'd say Matt Martin gets a number of games and Gilles gets a lot of games, possibly for the remainder of the season. It's possible that Haley could get a few. Pens coach Bylsma will be fined and possibly suspended for a few games.

• 9 years ago

Jumping off the bench gets an automatic 10 games yet an illegal head shot with the intent to kill goes to a hearing and usually results in 2 to 4 games.......*boggled*

The NHL is waaaaay off course here.

• 9 years ago

He got an automatic 10 game suspension

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

he'll get 10 games for jumping off the bench. i wouldn't call what the islanders did standing up for themselves. they had one goal coming into the game and that was to play dirty. to be honest, what went down between johnny and dipietro a few weeks ago couldn't have been more fair. i don't know why they would feel the need to "stand up for themselves" in this past game anyway. dipietro was the one who tripped cookie...it wasn't the wisest for the pens to stoop to their level of immaturity, but i don't fault godard for going out there and defending his goalie. in my opinion, the penguins came out the classier team. just a random bit of information, Martin, Gillies and Konopka from the islanders are scheduled for one on one disciplinary meetings and possible suspensions as well.

• 9 years ago

They haven't suspended him yet, actually. But leaving the bench is 10 games...

• 9 years ago

10 games.

That's not "standing up for themselves". That was disgraceful.

And yes, there will be other suspensions. The league will look into it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.