College Help! UNC at Chapel Hill or NC State?

I am a senior in high school and I have a huge dilemma. I have been accepted into NC State's Engineering School and I have also been accepted into UNC at Chapel Hill. These are two very nice schools and I'm not sure where to go.

I am a really good math student but I am not that good at science so I'm not sure if I should go to NC State be an Engineer. I am an avid sport fan and I am the sports editor for my high school newspaper. I would love to go to Chapel Hill to be a sportscaster but I am not sure if I would be employed after college. Maybe I should major in business or finance of some sort? I don't really know

Favorite Answer

You should go to both campuses and see if one fits you more than the other (it was hard for me to chose but i did a "smile" test as a tie breaker. I basically said that both schools would be awesome so I tried to decide which one had friendlier people by smiling at people and seeing how many people smiled back....unc won). Also if you're not sure if engineering is for you go to UNC because it has more opportunities. If you go there and decide that you really want engineering, lucky for you they have an engineering program partnership thing with NC State...so I guess you could get the best of both worlds.

Source(s): UNC Chapel Hill Class of 2015! Biomedical Engineering Major :)

Not speaking with bias, just facts..

UNC is considered more prestigious and it's overall harder to get into.

However;

being accepted to the NC State Engineering School as a college freshman is prestigious as well.

UNC is known for it's business school and journalism, which seems like something you'd like to do.

You need to tour the campuses, meet with some people that attend, take all things into consideration, and just pick what speaks to you. If you aren't sure you want to be an engineer, you should go to UNC because it seems like there are more opportunities for you there.

Just remember, you will love where you attend no matter what.