Anonymous

Do adults with LD or Asperger's/HFA tend to be whiners and complainers?

Do people with those types of neurological disabilities complain a lot?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • C~
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Some are, some aren't. There is no disability that directly causes a person to whine or complain. It depends on the individual's personality, upbringing, and life experiences.

Source(s): I have Asperger's
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Depends on the person not on the disorder. people living with carrots forms of autism have a lot they deal with everyday that the average person can't even beggin to understand. I have PDD-NOS autism and I am perfectly in between aspegers and classic autism. I dint whine or complain about my issues I do become easily frustrated and overwhelmed especially in large crowds and even at 24 I still have meltdowns but it is not the same as whining. I know some people with Utism who whine a lot and others who never do it all depends on the person

Source(s): My life
  • 10 years ago

No, I have Asperger's and I do not whine or complain, it's just based on the disabled person's maturity level,I am very very mature.:)! Once I met a child w/ autism, she was very mature also:)! So no, but this guy w/ ADHD really complains! And he is older than I am~40!

• undir
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

No, they generally don't complain more than other people. It varies between individuals. Some complain a lot while others never complain, and everything in between. It doesn't really have anything to do with their disorder, it has to do with their personality, attitude and upbringing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

If you gauge it by experience on Yahoo Answers alone - yes they do. But as far as I know there is no reason why having a neurological disability makes you a whiner and complainer. Maybe because they are more verbal (as in writing) with higher IQ they tend to write out their complaints more than others with other disabilities.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Some are and some aren't. You can't paint all people with Asperger's Syndrome with the same brush. It depends on the individual.

Source(s): I have Asperger's Syndrome
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Not really. Just depends who's making an issue of it. I notice alot of people when they figure someone has any disorder they start patronizing that person and psychoanalyzing them like it was any of their business anyway. Yes it gets tiring after awhile.

• Bob
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

They aren't and are based on the sensitivity level.

One man can be resillence against pain while other just want to grab aspirin as fast as it can. I for one required aspirin for headache as soon as possible.

• 10 years ago

As with NT (NeuroTypicals) it varies it has to do with personality.

Source(s): Life
  • Cjmjm2
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

As much as NT's do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.