Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

I have a question about height?

I am a boy and I am 5'3 , 14.5 years old and 114lbs. I am quite small for my age. When I tried height predictors that take your current age, weight and height along with my parents height it says my final height would be 5'9.I would prefer to be taller. How accurate are these predictions??. It says I will be 5'9 however my father is 6'0 and my mother is 5'5. My mothers father was 6'2 and her mother was 5'0. My fathers father was 5'11 and his mother was 5'6. Does anyone have an estimate for my height. Will I still be small as an adult or taller??

Answers would be much appreciated.

Also I have hardly any bodily hairs and my voice only broke last week

• SIX6UN
    Favorite Answer

Eric

Yes, you are a bit short. So then go! See a doctor and read on. First. You have learned in biology that when your body reaches puberty the long bones become fixed in length. Fixed. Second. Your height is controlled by a hormone from the pituitary gland called: the Human Growth Hormone (HGH). Third. Science has synthesized HGH making it readily available through doctors who prescribe it to hundreds of rich baseball players like St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Rick Ankiel, and thousands of rich film stars like Sylvester Stallone*, oh, oh, and, and occasionally even short children.

For a complete understanding of HGH the folks at Yahoo! have created a great resource called "Yahoo associated content" to go to this fabulously rich information site go to:

But, Dude, there are at least Two problems.

One. A narrow window of time . . . This hormone, HGH, can easily bring a short person to a full normal height, if, if, if they get it in time. Time. This stuff will not work if, if your bones are mature.

Second. HGH is so much in demand by rich sports/movies people that . . . many family MDs may be wary of Federal scrutiny. So a Doctor may be reluctant to prescribe therapeutic HGH to the honestly-short boys who really need it. Just wait they often say; everyone will say. The Ignorant among us will chant 'DNA' as if DNA is fate. But realize, lots of the people who are saying, "DNA, DNA, just wait" are really laughing, and it ain't funny.

Your challenge is to get to a Pediatrician, Endocrinologist, or Urologist for a consultation. Then you will really know your situation and options. But, you must do this before your time for help has passed. Also, mentally toughen-up by demanding people around you stop laughing, demanding your folks and friends support you – then get your blood tested and a wise doctor's consultation. Also. Do not listen to silly anecdotes that all go like this: my mother's second cousin was only five-feet tall at his graduation and now he's over six-feet tall! Yeah, right, in what fantasy-world do they live? My last thoughts Remember: Time, HGH (not DNA) toughen up, oh, and Time. Good Luck.

Check out this quote is from a great site – Magic Foundation:

Quote: "What surprises most people is the fact that [HGH deficiency] affects much more than just a child's height. Concerns for families of children diagnosed with Growth Hormone Deficiency include serious problems relating to; heart strength, lung capacity, bone density, immune system function and much more! The entire body is affected if a child is growth hormone deficient! Therefore, it is IMPORTANT to identify children with growth hormone deficiency as early as possible to avoid the permanent internal delays and damage in addition to the potential loss of permanent inches."

References

*St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Rick Ankiel received a 12-month supply of human growth hormone in 2004, the New York Daily News reported Friday, September 7th, 2007.

*Famed "Rocky" star Sly Stallone . . . was caught smuggling 48 vials of human growth hormone into Australia [without a prescription] . . . he pled guilty and . . . [brags about his use of HGH.]

• I2K4

You just have to wait and see. Personally, my Dad was 5'5 and Mom 5'0 and I grew to 6'0, most of it when I was around age 15. I grew 5 inches in one year, from about 5'3 at your age to 5'9 by 16, and then another 3 inches before I finished high school. Both my brothers are shorter, 5'6 and 5'8. You can't tell. It's not only your parents, but your grandparents, etc. who can pass on genetic information that can come out of the blue and surprise you, in either direction.

This might depend more on when you began puberty than anything else you mentioned. If you were a late bloomer you might have 4 more years in puberty. You will certainly grow taller than you are now. 5'9" would be a great height. That's very close to average, and close enough not to make a difference unless you plan on playing much basketball. I can tell you as someone shorter than that, it hasn't made any difference in my life, except that it's a lot easier for me to fit into everything than for guys who are over 6' tall.

Source(s): me