Sunny
Sunny asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

When making 2 packages of rice at once, do I double the cooking time?

It's Knorr's Chicken Fried Rice and it says to add 2 cups of water and cook in microwave for 12 minutes. I want to make 2 packages. So I imagine that I would add 4 cups of water instead of 2, but what about the cooking time? Do I double that as well?

Favorite Answer

Double the water but same cooking time. Imagine you are cooking a single grain of rice. Adding more does not mean that grain cooks more slowly.

1 cup cold cooked rice 3 eggs, slightly beaten 1/3 cup raw shrimp, cleaned and 1 slivered 1/3 cup bbq pork 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch 1 teaspoon wine 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1/4 teaspoon msg (optional) 2 green onions, diced 1 teaspoon salt 1 peanut oil Pan-fry the eggs into thin sheets in a frying pan. Remove and cut into small strips. Heat peanut oil over high heat. Stir-fry shrimp and chicken. When done, sizzle in 1 tsp. wine. Add the cooked rice. Stir until well-mixed. Add 1 tbsp. soy sauce, 1/4 tsp. MSG and the diced green onion. Add 1 tsp. salt (or more). Stir-frry for at least 10 minutes over MEDIUM heat. Add egg strips. Serve hot. Note: The cooked rice should not be sticky. It might even be better to use day-old rice. If you must use freshly cooked rice, you may spread the rice on a cookie sheet and let cool completely before you stir-fry it.

I would assume that the cooking time would be the same, but why not just check to see if its done after the recommended 12 minutes? If not then cook longer

• preiss

Knorr Chicken And Rice Recipe

no, double the ingredients but not the cooking time.

Just double the water....The cooking time remains the same....

Happy cooking........

• Lady

no, you only double the ingredients.