Michael asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

Any guys get on hormone replacement therapy and still no libido?

Im 40 and up until 2 years ago I could do it 4 times a day and it was all I every thought about. The only erectile problems I had was keeping it down. Then almost instantly I began to have problems with it, and my whole drive has went Fromm 110% down to 10% when it comes to desire, excitement, sensation, and overall enjoyment. So I get my hormones tested and my testosterone was only 220, problem solved! I just needed hormone Replacement therapy! I thought.... I feel much better ever since I started injections,,, mood, well being, over all health, strength, etc,,, but in the past two years my desires, sensations, enjoyment of sex have just kept going down hill,,, Sometimes its fine for a few days, then sometimes its bad for a month. It is overall going going, almost gone and I have tried everything! The only people that seem to begin to understand is a hand full of guys around the world who are having the same rare problems and every other doc, endo, therapist, etc just don't seem to have the slightest clue what could be wrong or give advice that is out in left field. The depression is starting to get the best of me as I have such an awesome Beautiful girlfriend that has turned me on more then any other woman has,,, but now women don't hardly seem more appealing then a dog, or a cat, or a guy... I mean they are still Beautiful but they no longer appeal to me. Often times I am right in the middle of doing it and it's all good and suddenly like a light switch I can't wait until it's over,,, and I wonder how I ever liked doing it, the awesome feeling and sensations that used to send me to another planet are suddenly annoying and I have to stop, pretend Im too tired or something. About one time a month it is still pretty good but it is getting less and less. I want to spend the rest of my life with the woman I am in love with but I cant stand the thought of her having to go elsewhere for it nor the thought of her going without and there are no other choices I seem to have. The best solution seems to be driving my motorcycle off a cliff. Its not like I need to have se and a girlfriend to live, I just cant find any reason to live if I am going to be alone and without a woman due to the fact I can no longer fulfill one as a man. When I was normal just 2 years ago, I would never engage in a relationship with any woman who never wanted to have sex and I don't Expect any woman will want me either. I have been keeping my attitude and hope so strong but I don't know how much longer I can go on... Does anybody know from experience what the hell might be wrong with me and how to fix it???

Favorite Answer

Sometimes, lifestyle adjustments can work wonders.

No smoking - no beer/ale - no booze - no drugs - ANY of these can interrupt blood flow to your penis resulting in diminished libido & cause erectile dysfunction or impotence.

Stress, anxiety, depression, fatigue, crappy diet, lack of exercise, & medications can also cause malfunction at the junction.

The following artidcle could prove beneficial to you:

Improve Sexual Virility - (For Guys)

Many men suffer from a low sex drive, sexual performance problems, and an overall lack of male virility. These problems can negatively impact a man's self-esteem, sense of self-worth, and the quality of his romantic relationships. However, problems with male virility and sexual functioning can be, in most cases, remedied. What follows is a list of lifestyle, health, and dietary factors that promote strong male virility and improved sexual function and performance.

Step 1 - GET ADEQUATE SLEEP

Your body needs adequate amounts of sleep in order to maximize sexual performance and sexual virility. A lack of sleep is a major cause of low sex drive and/or sexual problems. Strive to get at least 7-9 hours of sleep each night to increase and maintain sexual virility. Take afternoon rests or naps when possible.

Step 2 - DE-STRESS REGULARLY

Chronic stress is toxic to the body and can negatively impact sexual virility and sexual function. Strive to keep stress levels as low as possible in order to maximize not only your health and well-being, but to increase your sexual virility and sex drive. Meditate on a regular basis; do yoga moves in addition to deep breathing exercises to help unwind and de-stress.

Step 3 - EXERCISE REGULARLY

In addition to improving mental and physical health, regular exercise promotes healthy sexual function and helps to improve sexual virility. Aim to exercise at least 4-5 times per week, incorporating moderate cardiovascular exercise in addition to strength training. Regular exercise promotes healthy blood circulation and increases testosterone and growth hormone levels, all of which promote increased sexual virility and sexual function.

Step 4 - ELIMINATE JUNK FOOD

Eating a healthy diet promotes physical and emotional health as well as healthy sexual function and virility. A poor diet, one lacking in adequate nutrients and antioxidants, can result in a low sex drive and sexual performance problems, including impotence. Eat a diet heavy in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean cuts of meat and fish, and low-fat dairy to increase sexual virility and improve sexual function.

Step 5 - ADD GARLIC TO YOUR DIET

Garlic is rich in allicin, which can improve blood flow to the sexual organs, which in turn promotes healthy sexual function and strong, hard erections. Cut up some garlic and sprinkle it on your favorite foods. Or take a garlic supplement. Garlic is a sexual super food that can increase your sexual virility.

Step 6 - ADD AVOCADO TO YOUR DIET

Avocados are rich in folic acid and high in vitamin B6, both of which help to regulate sexual hormone function, which in turn helps to optimize sexual health and sexual virility. Add some avocado slices to your salad or on your sandwich.

Step 7 - EAT A BANANA DAILY

Bananas are another sexual super food that can help improve sexual function and increase sexual virility. Bananas are high in bromelain and b vitamins, both of which are potent sexual hormone regulators that can help improve sexual function, sexual desire, and sexual virility. Add a banana to your daily diet.

Solved- I started working out about that time. I have always drank my coffee black every day but thinking I bunch of non dairy creamer would add to my protien intake (come to find out there are 0 grams of it in non dairy creamer) but for all these years it has indeed been the problem as little as a few weeks after stopping the creamer I noticed inmprovements and now a few monts later I am becoming the monster again more and more. If I help just one guy out this will be worth posting here... no doctors have ever asked about this!!!

• Stacy

He will still be able to have sex. He will not be able to become a father. He might have to take a testosterone supplement - that's the "male hormone" - but only he and his physician can decide about that. The man might also have to deal with self image problems. There are support groups for men who have survived testicular cancer. A physician should know about such groups.

• walter

1

Source(s): Eliminate Impotence http://ImpotenceTreatment.latis.info/?3d6p