Nose piercing, saline eye solution to clean it?

I got my nose pierced professionally today, and my piercer said the only thing I really need to clean it with is saline contact solution. I bought it and have used it about three times today. I'm wondering if anyone else has used saline sensitive eye contact solution to clean a nose piercing? Because I've been looking up things and everyone uses sea salt..And also, do I clean the inside of my nose too? thanks..I know I should have asked but I was to wrapped up in the piercing..

• Rissa
    Favorite Answer

Saline solution is pretty much the same thing as salt water.This is fine to use for your nose.

First off, you cleaning it to much.You should only clean it 1- 2 times a day, it is best to clean it right out of the shower.Cleaning it to often can dry it out or get it infected.Second , you need to clean the inside of the piercing too!It is just as important as cleaning the outside , if not more because you breath in germs and you get dust and other stuff on the piercing.If you've ever had your ears pierced , you know that you clean BOTH sides of the piercing while twisting the jewelry around with clean hands.It is basically the same thing with your nose.Also make sure that you are using a ear cotton sticks dipped into the saline solution and your not just pouring it on.And make sure to not use the used side to clean the opposite end of the piercing.It spreads germs.

Remember that it is very common to get your piercing infected within the first few weeks up until the healing process is finished.You may get what is called a keloid or however you spell it.It is a little bump that appears on the inside and outside of the piercing.It can be painful and looks red .My piercer suggested me to use a little rubbing alcohol , but only a little because it can dry it out.Which worked for me . And you will also get little scabs but don't pick them off.

Good luck .And next time , ASK questions before you get the piercing!And if you can , do a little background research on the piercing and what supplies you may need , how to take care of it , etc.Piercings never go away , and you should really look more into things before piercing your body.

Source(s): Got my nose pierced in august.

Saline Solution For Nose Piercing

Nose Saline Solution

Don't use alcohol gel! It's a HUGE no no with new piercings! I'm using contact lens saline solution to clean mine and every other day I also use some tea tree oil that's been diluted in the saline. Use a soaked cotton bud to get the 'crusties' off and to clean around the outside of the piercing (with the tea tree oil every other day) and delicately do the inside and then tilt your head to the side and gently push your piercing on the inside through the hole and drop a couple drops just above the hole and it'll trickle into the hole then scrunch your nose up and down this will help it go through the hole then you've cleaned all of it... I ran this routine past my piercer and he said it was a brilliant way to do it because you're doing the outside, inside and inside the actual piercing! Keep doing this for at least 3 weeks ONLY 2 TIMES A DAY then go down to once a day after the 3 weeks and it should heal beautifully!! Good luck!!

Source(s): had nose pierced 2 times before the one I've got now which was only done a week ago.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I got my nose pierced professionally today, and my piercer said the only thing I really need to clean it with is saline contact solution. I bought it and have used it about three times today. I'm wondering if anyone else has used saline sensitive eye contact solution to clean a nose piercing?...

Source(s): nose piercing saline eye solution clean it: https://shortly.im/aikIF

Do NOT clean with alcohol! It causes bad healing and scarring! It kills all good bacterial as well as bad!

Saline solution is basically salt water, but a chemical version. If you want the best clean, I'd use NON-IODIZED salt mixed with warm/hot water. You let it dissolve and apply it to your nose (outside and in) using either a Q-tip or cotton ball. Soak it in this at least 3 times a day and your piercing will be fine.

Good luck :)

Source(s): I have my nose pierced, as well as 7 other piercings.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avhrt

Saline solution is literally just salt water. What you need to make your own (because there may be extra stuff in the eye stuff): Salt, preferably rock salt or sea salt Boiled water ...and that's it If you want you could also track down some tea tree oil to mix in with it (tea tree is a natural antiseptic) Good luck!

Yes, that's normal to use. That's what I used for mine. I used it 4-6 times daily for a little over a month. As far as sea salt soaks go, I really only do those if there's a problem with my piercing. (You take 1 cup of warm water and mix w/ 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized sea salt. Rub it with a cotton ball.) So if it seems irratated it'd be a good thing to do but don't over-do it.

Source(s): 10 piercings including nose.

I used to use saline eye solution and i think that it is the best way to get rid of nose infections.

http://www.arcadephase.com/dinosaur-games

I clean mine with alcohol and it works just fine

Source(s): Had mine done for 3 years ago