Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 9 years ago

Making espresso without a perculator or espresso machine?

Is it possible to make espresso without these things? I only have a generic coffee maker and a stove. How would I create espresso then? How much is a decent perculator and espresso maker if I do need them? Please list store prices not online. I only shop in stores. Thanks guys! =)

Best Answer

Personally, I really like the Bialetti stovetop espresso maker. It's super inexpensive and a great way to make espresso. You make right on your stove top. You put water in the bottom portion, then add your espresso coffee to the filter, put the top on and twist shut, put on your stove top and once you hear a noise like it's about to explode (it's not), it's done. I think this is a good starting point for you. They're not expensive and they make a great cup of espresso. Millions of italians have their coffee this way and not all use those expensive espresso machines that have suddenly become so popular and trendy. Bialetti is well known for their espresso makers. They come in stainless steel and aluminum. I use the aluminum which start at about $20.00 and up. Good luck.

You can buy Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso to which you simply add boiling water