? asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 9 years ago

State Farm House insurance same as auto insurance?

My husband and I have had State Farm insurance for 2 years. We just received our home owner's insurance and it dropped in half! (Going from $603 to $300/every six months). When I inquired about it my agent said that it was because we were claim free for two+ years. Awesome! I'm watching my mail box for my auto insurance bills to come this month. Again, we've been "claim free"...price drop???

I forgot I dropped my State Farm business insurance (which was bundled with my home owners). Therefore the drop wasn't in half...more like $100-$150 drop.

Yes, I did contact my agent. He said that it was for being claim free for over 2 years. No other issues with my policy.

I didn't figure I'd get much of a break on the vehicles. Wishful thinking though!!! We do get multi-policy and safe driver so we're probably maxed out of cool discounts;). Still wish they were cheaper though. $1,000 in extra bills suck!

Favorite Answer

State Farm Fire and Casualty Company and State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company are two separate companies. When one has a rate decrease, it doesn't correlate with the other. The same applies to rate increases.

You may have just experienced the multi-line discount increase which essentially means the discounts you are getting have gotten bigger, combined with the fact you're now entitled to a claim free discount...double discounts. The increased multi-line discount has recently increased in several states within the State Farm companies.

Source(s): State Farm Agent

1

Source(s): Best Auto Insurance Quotes - http://AutoInsurance.trustdd.com/?BACB

I would not expect there to be as significant a price drop on the auto side, discounts just dont apply as much to auto insurance, sorry.

That seems like a pretty steep drop on the homeowners, you might want to confirm that nothing on your policy has changed.

specific there are. If the different kinfolk have been significant other and young infants individuals, he had to tell them. If no longer, properly, that replaced right into a privateness violation, IMO. yet now, you have have been given a difficulty . . . you have a coverage with, what, seven injuries? And a dui, and a buncha shifting violations. do no longer tell me you have have been given a discern who's 70 or older, because of the fact no person needs to jot down vehicle rules on the over 70 crowd, they have greater injuries in line with mile pushed than the sixteen twelve months previous boys!! So in spite of the place you desire to get insurance, i think of you are going to finally end up at progressive. you may get a progressive coverage at a small agent close to you, however the provider bit is going to be hit or pass over.

It depends on what state you live in. Discounts on each policy type will vary by state.