Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 10 years ago

what was wrong with philip markoff?

Like did he have a psychological disorder? im just catchin up on the story now. i dnt exactly know what his problem is.i mean i know his charges for robbery n murder. but what was his problem? perfect life but has a fetish?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Since he never stood trial we can never be 100% sure of his guilt, but on the basis of the evidence that the prosecution was prepared to use in court it seems almost certain he was a killer.

There's nothing in his past to give any clue, unless and until any friends or family come forward with what will now be seen as a sign of mental illness.

Wiki says this:

Markoff was a native of Sherrill, New York, the son of Susan Haynes and Richard Markoff, a dentist in Syracuse, New York. He had an older brother, Jon Markoff.

He graduated in 2004 from Vernon-Verona-Sherill High School, where he was a member of the National Honor Society, history club and the Youth Court, as well as the school bowling and golf teams. His former English teacher and neighbor described him as "a good student and just a really nice kid. Smart, wanting to succeed, nothing strange, nothing out of the ordinary."

After high school, Markoff attended SUNY Albany where he was a pre-med student and member of the Young Republicans. He graduated from SUNY Albany in 2007. He was a second year medical student at Boston University School of Medicine at the time of the crimes, and was suspended from the school following the charges against him.

Markoff met Megan McAllister in 2005 while they were both volunteers at the Albany Medical Center Hospital emergency room. They were engaged to be married, with their wedding planned for August 14, 2009. McAllister was to have begun medical school in the fall of 2009.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Jon Markoff

• John
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

All people who commit murder have a mental health issue. It's not an excuse, but it is a reason.

http://articles.philly.com/1991-05-08/news/2579780...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.