Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I want to major in photography at an art school, but I don't like and am not very good at drawing?

I have an interest in photography and graphic design, but more in photography. I was wondering if there are any good art schools that will accept me if I submit a portfolio consisting of mainly photography and some digital designs and paintings and life drawing and etc. I don't enjoy drawing or painting nor am I skilled at it. However, practically all art colleges want student portfolios consisting of mainly drawings and paintings. Any tips or schools?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My tip is don't go into art. I and all my art friends are literally starving.

The market is NO GOOD for artists. The economy won't be bouncing back anytime soon.

The market is over saturated with artists. Get a career in something that will actually pay.

• 1 decade ago

Make your portfolio represent your best work. If they want drawings include some. Most art schools will have you take drawing classes anyways, so you can improve when you get there. Yes, drawing classes are helpful for your photo work.

I think you won't have a problem getting accepted. Go for it!

Source(s): I was a student at Moore College of Art and Design
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.