Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 9 years ago

am i getting my eyesight back the prices in the store seemed bigger to me?

walmart made a news deal that they were going to cut back some grocery price

all i have seen in the last two weeks is price increases

what is there motto roll back prices

• -
    Favorite Answer

Ha, they did the same thing last year. Raise the prices for a month or two and then roll them back to say they have cut prices. Some of my favorite cereals I remember, and when they did roll them back, it was to the original price. They made more more money on what they sold in the mean time.

I guess you could put it that way. I just read an article about the Walmart executives making errors in judgment. They stopped stocking a lot of their products and they strayed away from their strategy of 'low prices all the time' and, instead, would advertise ridiculously low prices on a few items to get you in the store hoping you would buy the other higher priced items and we wouldn't notice. Guess what? We noticed and started shopping at other places like Target, Dollar General, the Dollar Store, and other grocery stores. They're going to reverse their strategy, re-stock most of what they got rid of, and go back to low prices. Make sure you let us know when you see all of the prices dropping so we can, once again, flock back to Walmart.

• Diane

It never ceases to amaze me the strange things people do. If you are a young person and wear glasses for nearsightedness that are too strong, you will probably be able to see fine, but your eyes will be using a lot more accomidative power than usual and would probably cause eyestrain and headaches and might have trouble seeing things close up. It would be a similar situation to a farsighted person without glasses. Many people's vision continues to get worse, whether they wear glasses or not, until their 20's or even later, so they may think they are affecting it but probably aren't. Added: I suppose if for some reason you like the "coke bottle glases look" you could get some contacts with a really strong + prescription and then get some strong - prescription glasses that balance the effect of the contacts (and what ever degree of nearsightedness you already have). I don't know who is going to write the necessary prescriptions, as they won't match what you need. PS: If you think this will help you get dates, it probably won't. I saw your added coments: The reason people are nearsighted is because the eyeball is too long and/or the cornea is the wrong shape. Putting lenses (either correct or too strong) in front of your eye will not cause the eyeball or cornea to alter its shape to accommidate whatever lens happens to be there; on the other hand, it will not cause your eyes to return back to normal vision either. If too strong concave (-) lenses are worn, you will be using the accommidation power of your eyes more than usual and may cause headaches or eyestrain, but it is unlikely to lead to any permanent change in the shape of your eye. After wearing too strong concave lenses, you might get a temporary change where, if you switch back to the proper strength glasses, it might take a little while for your eyes to realize they don't need as much accommidation as before, but I don't think this will last very long. Because young people have very high ability for accommidation, they can actually wear concave lenses way stronger than they really need to reach 20/20 vision and still be able to see close up. But this does not mean their eye have undergone any permanent change. By the way, what is this website you refer to anyway?

I heard the same thing...still waiting. Also target is supposed to go larger and sell groceries to compete with Walmart. A 99 cent Store went in last year. I buy the produce, but now they are cutting back on the amounts there too. Lots of people going to gardens where I live. Will the SEEDS go up too? Sad but true.

I think the prices will keep going up. Gasoline prices are suppose to be going up that affects the price of everything.. Grocery stores just keep increasing the prices it's the economy.

Sometimes I wonder how people are going to be able to afford living? I live in Illinois and it's getting expensive to live here.

Our state is going broke and sinking fast. I think it's funny. They keep voting the same people into office that can't handle money.

I was looking at the world through rose colored glasses. Then I realized that the escalating prices of things were in danger of putting me in the red.

We have been told that there is no inflation. My guess is that this determination has been made by those who never have to grocery shop.

I have no motto at this time that is fit to print.

• john

Agreed.The only prices that have stayed in line are the generic items.One of my favorite areas to shop in Kroger is the discontinued stock bin. One can get some great bargains there.

Now if the price of my favorite wine is raised at Trader Joe's then it will be time for a street riot.

The oil companies have declared war on the current administration....and seem hell-bent to raise prices on gas enough to make the country suffer even worse.

I think the prices of food reflects the cost of the transportation that it takes to get it to market. Maybe as spring comes, we will all find that locally-grown and produced foods are going to be cheaper than those that are trucked or flown in...a happy situation for our local farmers and businesses....who will not have to add in big transportation costs into the price of their goods.

A good middle-finger-up, too....to the oil companies who think they can hold Americans hostage for much longer!

I own a small business. My suppliers are all sending price increase notices, have been for more than a year. Inflation is the inevitable result of printing money and deficit spending by the Fed. Plan on massive price increases yet to come.

Maybe you should stay out of walmart. They like to roll back prices, knock out the competition, then raise prices. They suck and they don't save you any money.