promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 years ago

im 32 weeks pregnant my baby has only moved twice since last night and ive had abdominal cramping?

ive tried drinking a cup of mountain dew ive tried resting ive tried a heating pad and even a luke warm shower should i call the ob and go to the hospital or should i just calm my nerves and wait til my dr appointment next thursday

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

A decrease of fetal movement is nothing to mess around with - get to the hospital for an assessment asap. They will do an ultrasound or non stress test but DO NOT let them tell you that you will have a calm baby and release you with no evaluation. It could be nothing and he's just taking a long rest but it could be something serious like an undiagnosed clotting disorder and your baby is not getting enough oxygen and nutrients. Do not wait, go now!!! Wishing you all the best!!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

You never take pregnancy lightly. You are carrying a precious life and its your responsibility to make sure that the baby is doing well. The hospital trips are not in vain especially when feel something doesn't seem right. I would say go now to the E.R. Or call ur doctor. Don't wait! Hope everything is well.

Source(s): 22 weeks pregnant with a baby boy :)
  • 9 years ago

It never hurts to seek professional help. I had the same thing happen, and i tried ice packs and taking a warm shower...which usually gets her going and i didnt feel any movement... So i called labor and delivery at the local hospital and they advised me to come in and have them take a look. It turned out that i was extremely dehydrated and once i got fluids, she was back to her always moving self. However, it could have been something more serious, and i couldnt have lived with knowing that i could have tried to help.

• 9 years ago

I would call your OB and see what they think

Source(s): mommy of a 3 year old and 26 weeks with baby #2
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I would go in and get checked out, when it comes to babies, its ALWAYS better to be safe then sorry.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

why mountain dew???

• 9 years ago

Please call your doctor hunnie ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.