Why can't I get a bacon egg mcmuffin in South Africa? Is it some weird religious belief that causes this?

I have noticed over the last few years that McDonalds in South Africa don't have my beloved Double Bacon Egg McMuffin meal at all. I can still get and enjoy it in the UK where I live but not in SA. Having also noticed that Subway proudly announce that all their meat is 'Halaal' am I to suppose that a... show more I have noticed over the last few years that McDonalds in South Africa don't have my beloved Double Bacon Egg McMuffin meal at all. I can still get and enjoy it in the UK where I live but not in SA. Having also noticed that Subway proudly announce that all their meat is 'Halaal' am I to suppose that a bunch of religious freaks has taken over the fastfood market here? As it is I hear some funny things about how Halaal and Kosher meat is slaughtered (not stunned) I'm not sure I want any of these strange people telling me what I can and can't eat!!!

Maybe a spokesman for McDonald's South Africa would like to comment?