Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

Have you ever had any experiences with sociopaths, psychopaths and narcissists?

Got any stories?

Being just anti-social doesn't make one a sociopath. The fact that you're anti-social DOESN'T make you a normal person.

Best Answer

Yes, all of the above. Narcissists are a dime a dozen and don't pose any threat. I've encountered more of them than I care to count but I view them as pathetic and sad. It's the sociopaths and psychopaths you have to take seriously. Between the basic lack of empathy and compassion of the former and the innate ability to inflict harm upon others associated with the latter, you're basically talking about most of the serious criminals and predators that prey upon society. Not every sociopath acts upon his or her warped views of humanity but they're certainly capable of doing so. A true psychopath is obviously a potential threat and should be viewed as such.

As to stories, a prime example of sociopathic (even psychotic) behaviour was exhibited by someone I had the misfortune to encounter right here on Yahoo! Answers. This was years ago, before the site upgraded and addressed serious security loopholes. I'm not sure how long you've been an active member here but there was a time when a person could literally stalk you in this little asylum. There was no measure for blocking or preventing other members from accessing your Q&A. So what the creep did was create upwards of 30 different accounts and reign "terror" on my entire Q&A by simply attacking each and every post, whether question or answer. It might not sound like much but he was able to successfully rig the voting every time a question I answered went to a vote.

For example, I'd answer some obscure question that no one else answered (or maybe one other person) and there would be 27 votes for the other answer (or *no best answer*), no matter how weak it was, and 1 or 2 votes for mine. As you might surmise, he also went mad with the *thumbs down* feature. And it wasn't just me. The psycho was also able to access my contacts list and went after some of my best friends on here. It really made this place a misery, and the Yahoo! Answers Team did absolutely nothing about it at the time.

I ultimately left the site in disgust and most of my friends joined me in protest. It just wasn't fun anymore and Yahoo's apathy didn't help the situation. I only returned recently. Most of the people I used to correspond with on here are long gone. I can hardly blame them. I'll be interested in seeing how much things here have really changed. So far, so good.

In conclusion, I think the psychos and socios out there are attracted to the internet, particularly community sites like this one, because the veil of anonymity allows them to act out their sick fantasies on an unsuspecting person or persons. I don't know, perhaps it's better that they get their kicks victimizing people in the cyber world instead of the real world. Good question, btw. I wonder if any socios or psychos will answer and give us some insights as to why they are the way they are.

Plenty. I live in a homeless shelter, well, I wasnt told that when I moved there. One lady there once set 8 halogen lights outside a disabled womans bedroom just to try and disturb her sleep.

And she would turn off this same lady's breaker box-the one that controlled this disabled and dying lady's oxygen machine. At night in the summer she'd turn of all the ac units and say other residents did it. Everything was a game. She made a fortune suing people and once got into a small fender bender w/her 12 year old son in the car and all she did was talk abovt how lucky she was that "the kid" was with her because it doubled everything. She now gets disability since in a rage she threw herself in front of a moving car and injured her knee. Thats what got her kicked out of public housing and made her homeless btw. The guy she sued had a heart attack over it, she'd laugh about it. She bought a house with the money. A few months after she moved out I saw her in a casino with her knee bent just fine! You never saw such fear when she realized I had recognized her. Shes since had legal issues for insurance fraud and fighting. No! Not HER! lol

Source(s): The disabled woman was my best friend, and a kinder soul you'd never meet. I am working on forgiving her tormentor but the emotional distress she inflicted my friend still brings tears of frustration to my eyes and what I say here is the top of an iceberg trust me.

lol 80% of the people who work at the phone company are sociopaths. One dude I worked with was strait crackers.. he would go out with women he perceived to be insecure single mothers in the last inning of the dating game and be really cheesy n nice and all that, but try to exploit every thing he could from em. The girl he targeted in our group he tried to map out how much her parents were worth if they died and if she wasn't so tripped out by it he probably would have proposed some crzy murderous scheme lol I really think he was that crazy.. she said she was over his house once and there were a bunch of chicks shoes strewn across the woods in his back yard and had some sketchy story about how they got there. There were countless stories with that guy.. I really think one day they're gonna link him to a buncha chicks being murdered, I really wouldn't be surprised lol..

Never even met people like that till I went to the phone company lol. Heed that warning.

Let's see. My coworker is a psychopath. I'm a sociopath. We could instantly tell this on each other and became immediately amicable.

One of my friends is a sociopath also. At first, I didn't know, and she didn't know I was one. We nearly sucked the life out of each other. Sociopaths are easy to manipulate. I used to be.

I'm highly functioning. My uncle is not. He's a douche. He has no remorse and does drugs around his baby boys. He terrorizes my aunt.

I think it runs in the family. My uncle is not my blood uncle, but my mom definitely seems to be a sociopath or nearly there. But she has become a better person since being Christian. I have, too, but not as good as her. She actually shows concern when I show her videos of people getting hurt and animals getting hurt.

I don't even blink.

I am now refusing to date men bc I destroyed my ex boyfriends heart and I don't care. Cheated on him. No remorse.

My ex gf broke my heart & I do care. Never cheated on her. Still love

• Buttercup6 years agoReport

Still love her. As much as a sociopath can love, that is

• Yes, yes and yes when I worked at a residential treatment center. All stories are confidential. I still pray for them now.

I'm anti social. Believe me, we are normal people.

Source(s): me

Just reading the questions and answers on this subject makes it clear that there is a lack of understanding on these illnesses