Parents, when you see Craigslist - where do your thoughts go?

I just read an article about a representative that quit after he got caught sending a shirtless picture of himself in answer to an ad on Craigslist, and I immediately thought, "Hmmm....that's right. I need a bookcase." LOL - I thought it was kind of funny. (No bookcase again today...) So what about you - do you think more "shirtless man answering personal ads" or "I need a bookcase..." when you see "Craigslist?"

• ?
    Favorite Answer

It's actually unfortunate, but now what comes to mind is the story of that lady who went to an actual house to pick up the clothes that she bought, via Craigslist, for her baby...

WITH her baby......

and she was murdered by the "sellers".

I will doublecheck, but if I recall correctly, her baby was also murdered.

craiglist will always give me the heebiejeebies now.

BRB with a link I hope.

:

In June 2009, Korena Roberts of Oregon was arrested for allegedly killing 21-year-old Heather Snively—who was eight-months pregnant—and her unborn baby, by cutting open her abdomen. They were reported to have met through an advertisement by Roberts on Craigslist for the sale of baby clothes.

Well I think of that movie Craigslist killer.

I also think of the king size bedframe I just bought off of there - $200 for a solid oak sleigh bed - would have been $1200 new. I haven't got it set up yet b/c we ordered a new mattress and it won't be here until Monday!

When I think of Craigslist, I think of the RV category, where I have been checking regularly hoping to find a pop up camper for our family- the children want to camp (as in tents) a lot, and I am not willing to give up some comforts and think the pop up camper will be a nice compromise, especially since we have two young children in addition to the older ones.

Of course, I found the perfect one while my husband was temporarily laid off and we could not purchase it, and when we could it was sold.

I see "I need a bookcase..", I have no interest in personals on there. Only looking for items of interest. A lot of controversy with craigslist though.

I think of the Craigslist Killer.

And how I have listed 2-3 items on there and have always chickened out when it came time to meet up with the potential buyer. Im such a wuss!

I would read a e book but I want silence and I watch television set for Big Bang theory family man spongebob funny or movies generally speaking put me a good reserve and I am going to read it

You remain and read a reserve and the individuals unfold for the reason that vast landscaping which is your brain and creativeness and the scope is hundreds, virtually a huge selection of times greater than the miserable TV world

I'd think, I need a bike with training wheels.

Big Lots has great bookcase prices. :)

I read that too. What an idiot. He didn't even attempt to conceal his identity. He used his real name and work email.

I automatically think Causual Encounters. But then again, I'm a huge Dlisted fan and I learned what that was from Micheal K.

• Em

Lol, I think more about all the crap I've had to sell on there when I need extra cash...when I hear "Craigslist" I think..."Time to sell something for way less than it's worth just so I can regret it later" lol.