Michigan state university questions!?
1. Do you have to fill out an application to get in?
2. Do you need to complete an essay as part of the application? If you can find it, what is the topic of the essay?
3. Do you need recommendations from teachers or counselors as part of the application?
4. What is the application fee?
5. What is the “median” GPA of incoming freshman?
6. What is the “median” SAT or ACT scores of incoming freshman?
- JuanaqueñaLv 710 years agoFavorite Answer
Most of the answers can be found on the Michigan State Univ. admissions web pages. This is the link to the home page, in case you have questions in the future:
"The Personal Statement is part of Michigan State's undergraduate application for admission. As part of the application, each applicant is required to submit a short essay of up to 400 words from a list of designated topics. This statement may be considered as a positive factor to enhance admissibility, as well as for scholarship consideration."
3. There is part of the application form that a high school counselor or high school principal is supposed to complete:
5 & 6. Info on the GPA, SAT & ACT scores of freshmen attending the univ. this year can be found on the excellent College Board web pages with info on Michigan State Univ.:
You can find the info you seek by clicking on the Admissions link and the SAT/AP/CLEP link on the web page. Select the Am I On Track? and How Do I Stack Up? links.
This univ. brochure (PDF format - Adobe Acrobat needed) will give you some useful info too:
The univ. offers an service whereby you can IM with a current student + there is a Chat Room for prosective students:
You can ask additional questions here:
No doubt you went to the Michigan State Univ. web pages
and could not find the Admissions info., which has a tab near the top of the univ. home page.
Best wishesSource(s): Almost 14 years experience as a college administrator + Over 30 years experience as a reference/information librarian
- PatriciaLv 44 years ago
Seriously, do you think that asking an anonymous poster on this site will get you a better, more authoritative answer than MSU can provide? Seriously?