Good side dish for Cheese ravioli.?

I'm tired of the same bread stick or salad that I normally make with this. I want something different. Please give me some idea as to what to make, my family will try just about anything not very picky eaters.

Best Answer

try these

Garlic Green Beans

4 garlic cloves, minced

3 tablespoons olive oil

2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed

1/2 cup chicken broth

1 teaspoon sugar

1 1/4 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add beans, tossing to coat.

Add broth and remaining ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until green beans are crisp-tender.

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

Erin, Ravioli is very heavy and filling, you don't need and elaborate sides, just the salad, and the garlic bread will suffice. You can turn that broccoli into the salad, by boiling till tender, drain and reserve two tablespoons of the water, to add to the broccoli, extra virgin olive oil, the juice of a lemon, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. You can do rapini the same way if you know how to prep them first.

I serve cheese ravioli as a side dish to chicken, fish, lamb, beef, elk, goat, etc.

I also serve steamed brussel sprouts, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, then add some sort of eggplant, beet, carrot or something for the color on the plate.

Pan Potatoes

375 degrees

3 large potatoes sliced

1 large onion sliced

1 large bell pepper

Olive oil

Minced garlic or garlic powder

Salt & pepper

1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)

Cover a large cookie sheet with foil. Place potatoes on cookie sheet. Combine with peppers and onions, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Coat the potatoes, peppers and onions with extra-virgin olive oil just enough to coat vegetables in a thin layer, 2 to 3 tablespoons. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Place potatoes in the oven and roast 20 to 22 minutes, until potatoes are just tender and peppers and onions are crisp at edges. Toss mixture with tongs, turning the potatoes after 15 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, transfer them to a serving dish and peel the foil off the cookie sheet and discard for super-quick clean up!

I like fruits over vegetables because I feel that fruits just feel "fresher" somehow.

I would stick with the salad.Ravioli's are just very filling and heavy.I love plan round leaf lettuce with tomatoes and an easy vinaigrette or one made with balsamic (to be real decadent).Good luck!

• Brit

Roasted veggies or some steamed grean beans or asparagus.

Source(s): Mmmm cheese ravioli sounds delicious

go with the greenbean guy recipe!

thats the first thing i thought of.

(not canned)

steamed brocolli sounds good.