Considering that the majority of the world's Christians don't oppose evolution, why is it assumed "atheistic"?

Indeed, simply for asking about evolution beliefs and Christianity, I get answers and emails calling me an atheist. Why? Where does the Bible say that one can't affirm evolution and be a Christ-follower? [And don't pretend that Jesus directly denounced evolution nor that I have to believe the Hebrew word... show more Indeed, simply for asking about evolution beliefs and Christianity, I get answers and emails calling me an atheist. Why? Where does the Bible say that one can't affirm evolution and be a Christ-follower? [And don't pretend that Jesus directly denounced evolution nor that I have to believe the Hebrew word YOM has to be translated as a 24hr day. Even many of the Early Church Fathers knew better. And Genesis says "God formed Adam from the dust of the ground." but didn't say how long it took nor what process(es) God used. So I can fully affirm Genesis while asking questions about evolution.]