If I take copious notes as I read Kant, will my momentum pick up the further I get?

If I read Kant slowly and laboriously with notes, will it get better/faster/more enjoyable the further I slog through? I've basically read his Prefaces & Introductory Notes to an abridged version of the Critique of Pure Reason. I read slowly because I recently learned the difference between absorbing and... show more If I read Kant slowly and laboriously with notes, will it get better/faster/more enjoyable the further I slog through? I've basically read his Prefaces & Introductory Notes to an abridged version of the Critique of Pure Reason.

I read slowly because I recently learned the difference between absorbing and BELIEVING philosophical thought. So once again, will the inordinate amount of time I will spend on Kant be worth it? Or should I wait to be taught next year when I ship off to college?

Thanks.