Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Can a secular humanist believe in a god?

I believe in a god and I agree with the humanist ideas. I also have no religion.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Yes, according to definition and characteristic.

Do Humanists Believe In God

Yes. As long as you agree with humanism and reject the idea of the supernatural, superstition or pseudoscience then you can be a secular humanist. If you believe in a divine supernatural being then you are just a humanist. If the god you believe in can only works within the laws of science then you can be a secular humanist.

Theists can be humanists. They can't be secular though since they believe in a religion. I'm actually afraid of people who say that they are opposed to humanist ideas.

Humanists don't believe in God, they base everything on science.

That's the thing, they can be theistic but when it comes to believing in specific deities, I doubt that humanism has a chance. You seem to be a non-religious theist, though, so you have nothing to be concerned about.

Yes, you might be a Deist. As long as you don't think some sky monster is telling you to hate I have no argument with you, sir.

I believe in Human supremacy over everything including God!

Source(s): Human Brotherhood!

you can believe in A god.

Yes, if they don't think!