First computer Build help?!?

Hey thanks for the help but this is my First time building a computer and i really want to know if these part are compatible. I also want to know if there also different part that are around same or even better then the part i have but is around the same price range and hopefully even cheaper. I also want to learn how to Overclock some parts but afraid i might mess up so info and help on that will be very helpful. also how to do the bios or anything that i should know please let me know; This is my first Time! Thanks again hope i get great answers :)

Computer Build

Motherboard

EVGA 160-LF-E659-KR LGA 1156 Intel P55 Classified 200 SLI Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

(Good motherboard but expensive, any other motherboard that the quality around this well and fit the part I have please suggest)

Computer Ram

CORSAIR XMS 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1600C9

Graphic Card

SAPPHIRE 100290SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Eyefinity 6 Edition Video Card

(Not sure what other graphic card is about the same quality for this card if there is please suggest it later ahead I might cross fire)

Cpu/processor

Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80605I5760

Or

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

Computer Case

Nzxt Phantom Full Tower

Power Supply

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

(Not sure if it’s enough power source)

Not sure if I need to buy a separate cpu cooler fan or any other thing if so please help me out and let me know what I need thanks.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

You have worked hard, done well to detail the parts; what operating system will you run on the computer? If you use a 32 bit system like Windows XP 32, home or Pro, or Windows Vista 32 or Windows 7 Home Basic 32 - any 32 bit O/S - then the extra RAM is not useful. Only 3GB RAM visible / usable to a 32 bit O/S. If you use a 64 bit system then, wow, it will be great. 8GB is a lot of RAM - great for gaming, big video projects, programming development, CAD. Look to other comments about the video, the price is high for good video, and be sure that the most important favorite applications will work well with the chosen video card before you make that video card purchase. Go to the website of the software company to see what is recommended, and to see comments about what is good/best for video card for that application.

• boldin
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Yo he comprado de muchas veces ordenadores en los sitios internet y siempre he encontrado l. a. mejor calidad, el ultimo ordenador es para una amiga, l. a. verdad es que parece especial creado para ella porque tiene un disco duro con una excelente capacidad de almacenaje y va bastante rápido por su gran memoria y su buen procesador, muy buena compra sin duda.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

that sounds good, but you defeinitely need a heatsink and a fan

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.