Young American planning on moving to Ireland.?

Hi, I'm a nineteen year old from Fresno, California and have been thinking a lot (ever since I was 14) about moving to Europe. I've always loved the idea of living in Ireland but have a few concerns nowadays, given to me by friends here in California, that I'd like to consider before setting my heart... show more Hi, I'm a nineteen year old from Fresno, California and have been thinking a lot (ever since I was 14) about moving to Europe. I've always loved the idea of living in Ireland but have a few concerns nowadays, given to me by friends here in California, that I'd like to consider before setting my heart into the move.

First things first, I know that a well-planned move would probably involve a trip to Ireland first to get a feel of the places there and to also job-hunt and look for a place to stay, so I'm already putting that into the plan.

I have been told by some of my friends that Ireland isn't doing too well financially and that it'd be really hard to find a job there (I'm having job troubles here in CA as well, but mainly do to my school schedule being involved (4th semester of college). I've looked at a few other questions and answers on this subject and someone claimed they were from a place in Northern Ireland (I forget the name of the town) and that getting a job would be fairly easy. Any clearing up anyone can do about this would be greatly appreciated.

That's really the big concern that's been planted in my head but I'd really like to hear anything that people living in Ireland or people who have moved to Ireland can tell me. I don't plan on being able to move there for probably the next 5-10 years (I want to get my degree first and make sure I save enough to get me by for a while as well as pay for the trip there), but I'd like to start planning as soon as I can.

I'm also going to be getting my first vehicle (a motorcycle) this year, and any info I can get about how to get it to Ireland or driving in Ireland in general would also be appreciated.

Hopefully there are some out there who can help me out with this,

Thanks to those of you who can,

-Ethan Hardcastle