Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How can I lose weight for the summer?

Im 20 years old, and about 170 lbs. I really want to lose weight in the next couple months, both for my health, and for the cute swimsuits! :P My problem is that I can never get motivated! I also don't have access to a gym, so if anyone knows of any good website with workout plans, that would be great. So how do you guys keep motivated? And what's the best way to quickly lose weight, mostly in the stomach area? Thanks guys!

Favorite Answer

sit ups help and eating the right type of food

Hoenstly this is what i did and i lost 31 pounds im a guy though i weighed 218 and now im 187 so this is what i did i Started to run 1 mile a day and then 2 then 3 and then 4 and i also Only ate 3 meals a day Cheerios with non fat milk for breakfeast or egg whites and a sandwhich with tuna or turkey on wheat bread and for dinner some lean protein like non fried fish or chicken or turkey burgers for dinner and also green tea burns fat the one that comes in the little packets that you put in super hot water but thats how i went from 218 to 187 in just a month and 2 weeks

The main thing is to follow the Canadian Food Guide recommendations. If you're eating as much fresh fruits and vegetables and as little protein as they suggest, you're already doing your body a favour! Also, try to limit what you're drinking to real fruit juices, water and 1% or skim milk. Try to cut out as much caffeine and excessive sugar as you can! Try to drink about 8 glasses of water a day

Next, exercise. I know, that's the scariest word out there. I myself get really bad shin splints when I run so that limits my cardio options. However, if you can get 20 minutes of additional exercise (especially cardio) into your daily schedule, that's great!

If you don't have a gym membership or just don't like working out in front of people, just put on some great music with a good beat, lock yourself in your room and dance like an idiot. Seriously, it's embarrassing how much I get into it. But, I sweat so much while I do it, and I feel awesome afterwards! Also, try to help out around the house... vacuuming is a great way to add a little more jump to your exercise! It doesn't have to be scary!

I also like to do a quick bit of yoga first thing in the morning. It gets your blood flowing and puts you in a good mood for the day. Here's the video I've been using lately:

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports/...

Good Luck! :)

hey there! :P

I am also in the same boat as you, alothough i am 16 almost 17 and i weigh 166 pounds. :D Try this website. Sparkpeople.com

Its a great website. It has workout videos, motivation, group for people to motivate eachother, AND ITS ALL FREE. Just sign up :) Its awesome. They have everything. For stomach weight loss, walk, run, and do pilates( and some situps+ crunches :)

Hey , I am a personal trainer, and you need to combine exercise with diet to lose weight.

There are several programs available out there on the internet that you can use, but most of them are junk I have had clients who have tried just about everything, and I have found that this program works pretty well, why not give it a try?

Check thiis site out may be what you are looking for!!!!

Have a few friends that have lost weight and inches from this site using the products.

A few of them have even gotten off all meds and lost a lot of weight.

Hope this helps good luck.

Source(s): gonein30daysweightloss.com

Check this site out may be what you are looking for!!!!

Hope this helps good luck.

Source(s): gonein30daysweightloss.com

Hope this helps good luck.

Source(s): gonein30daysweightloss.com

Dieting is the best way to lose weight from my experience better then working out

Source(s): thedietsolution19.tk

Here's a 50 workout do every day

situps crunches lunges squats jumping jacks

That's simple my friend, you just exercise regularly. Also you eat a well balanced diet. Take some supplements, like this one: http://www.drmaxpowers.com/products/burn-brazilian... . I know for a woman to take on the beach and heat of the summer heat they want to look sexy. Enjoy life and good luck on your aim this summer.