Bun asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What is the most powerful nuclear weapon in the world?

I of course doubt it has a name, but if it does please mention it.

I also doubt the United States or Russia would let loose the details of their weapons, so if that's the case please give me your own estimate of how powerful it would be.

The Tsar Bomba was detonated years ago and another was never produced. Not what I'm looking for.

Favorite Answer

^ A Marine and his ego. : P

Join the service, get a top secret clearance and look it up on secret google.

Because the people who know can't tell you.

• Robert

Politically, the most powerful nuclear weapon is one that the adversary cannot locate and/or neutralize.

If you mean in explosive power, and I think you do, then it is likely the Tsar Bomba, a weapon detonated as a brag by the Soviet Union.

During the Cold War the Russians loaded a large cargo-ship with several hundred tons of highly radioactive cobalt. The rigged the thing with a nuke. The idea is that the with the nuke goes, the cobalt will mix with the vaporized water which enters the atmosphere as fallout. It was (is) big enough to irradiate the whole planet, killing everything.

• eyler

back interior the mid or previous due 1960's the U.S. detonated a one hundred MEGAton gadget. It replaced into the main important nuclear weapon ever detonated and there replaced into in simple terms the only... they did no longer make from now on.

a bad case of bubble guts after eating mexican food

the tsar bomba

google it ;)

no the most powerful type is thermonuclear

Well the most powerful bomb is a hydrogen bomb

A marine and his rifle .

hydrogen bomb or Obama's BS.