Why do atheists try so hard to?

convince everyone of their own personal beliefs, and why do they care what anyone else believes?

Why has only 1 person actually answered the question?

Cylon Robot. what is my stuff you are referring to? I think you are making a huge assumption about me.

Many of you are assuming I am a Christian. Why is that? Just because I asked a questions about atheists?

• Alieh
    Best Answer

Ach, most of us don't.

I come on Y!A for amusement and discussion. I never actually try to change people's minds. It's interesting to debate the topic once in a while, but to be honest I have more interesting hobbies to amuse myself than caring about what other people believe.

I don't even know the religious beliefs of most of the important people in my life. I never bother to ask because it doesn't really bother me.

• e w

I support others' religious beliefs, no matter how silly, as long as they don't try to foist their gods off on me.

And FYI, it's the religious zealots who are busily running around trying to impose their beliefs in their own god(s) on everyone else. Just about all religions claim to have the "one true god(s)" and the "one true religion" and that everyone who doesn't adhere to their own beliefs is going to some sort of Hell or other. It's been going on for at least 10,000 years with various gods/religions invented by men.

I've never had any athiest knock on my door, trying to get me to follow their own beliefs/disbeliefs, but I've had plenty of Bible-thumpers ringing my doorbell at the most inconvenient times.

I've even yelled at some of them,"Why don't you go work in the ghetto, where you might actually do some good?" (I have a "NO TRESPASSING--NO SOLICITING" sign on my door, but that doesn't stop the zealots.

"From the outside, all religions appear equally silly."-----Robert A. Heinlein

xtians legislate thier beliefs. Our middle east foreign policy is nothing but religious BS. Keep us out of the Dark Ages again.

We do not try to convince. We try to get you to use objectivity and reson in your religious decision making.

Because I get irked by someone telling me what I believe without consulting with me first, and I really don't care what anyone else believes so long as those beliefs aren't leading to the harm of others.

I don't, I merely point out why I shouldn't be expected to believe what some religious person tells me I should believe.

• ?

Just don't shove your stuff into our politics and government. Then, I won't care one bit.

The "your" is a general "your." If you're not from a religion that tries to impose your beliefs, then my statement does not pertain to you. Nowhere in my statements did I say you were of any religion.

Why do you generalize when you say atheists try so hard to convince everyone? Not all atheists do that. I don't give a crap what you think. Just keep it out of government.

When you ask, "who do they care?" My answer is, "I don't." As long as it doesn't affect me or my loved ones, I don't give a crap.

Atheism isn't a belief, and only some atheists do this because they believe religion is harmful.

Because what many religious people believe and teach their children is ultimately a detriment to scientific progress.

• Fred

You misunderstand. We simply enjoy laughing at childish religionist beliefs. Why would we want to change our source of humor?

How many atheists have you actually met in real life?

Have you ever seen or heard of No Chance Without Jesus or John Quill Quill in action? *shudders*

Source(s): Don't make blanket statements.