Why are so many people still homeless after the Haiti earthquake of Jan 2010?

When it's been a year, and there has been a lot of aid given, why are people still homeless?

Favorite Answer

Because after the earthquake, many people have had their lives ruined, the social structure had crumbled, soon illegal drugs started to flow into the country and the government and police looked the other way (for a small fee of course) the other problem is that most of haitis currency is owned by europians who decided to leave (after all, with all of that money, why stay in haiti). Also the UN are a bunch of good-for-nothing morons who haven't sent in people to go and keep law and order, also why didn't they go into Egypt and help there? I'm sorry if I am wrong, but I'm sure thats what the UN were set up for.

Back to Haiti, the other reason is because the international aid efforts have been poorley organised and ineffective. Refugees international (no I haven't ever heard of them either) said that the international aid was basicly crap.

Also after a while we stopped caring about Haiti, instead we started to keep our money for ourselves and Haiti is now not getting the money which it needs from us, why? because we are greedy and selfish and the media isn't seeming to care about Haiti and to the average person, if it isn't in the news, then there isn't a problem

Source(s): I did a case study on this for Geography 2 weeks ago :D

According to Pat Robertson, the entire earthquake was due to the the Haitian people gaining independence from France. 150 years ago. Pat didn't like the way \then went about it and that's why God is punishing them. .

Too many Haitians sitting around and not helping themselves. Sounds mean, but it's true.

• .....

There's a lot of corruption so a lot of that aid probably didn't make it to where it was meant to.