Can my mortgage lender screw me at closing?

A week and a half ago I was on the phone with a mortgage broker who ran my credit and made me an offer on a 15 yr fixed. I emailed him the next day saying I would agree to the deal if he were to give me 4.1% with zero points and $1k credit toward closing costs. He agreed via email (I have all the emails back and... show more A week and a half ago I was on the phone with a mortgage broker who ran my credit and made me an offer on a 15 yr fixed. I emailed him the next day saying I would agree to the deal if he were to give me 4.1% with zero points and $1k credit toward closing costs. He agreed via email (I have all the emails back and forth stating that he agreed to these terms). I then got a good faith estimate stating my rate was 4.35%. I emailed him asking why it says 4.35% and not 4.1%, and he said it was a mistake but I'll be getting a new Good faith estimate. I still haven't received the new one. Should I not be worried considering I have all the emails back and forth clearly stating I should be getting the 4.1% and $1k credit to closing costs?
2 answers 2