Why does Saudi Arabia have most of the worlds oil reserves?

I mean physically. Like was there once a large ancient ocean where the Arabian desert is now and lots of dinosaurs died there and became fossil (fuels)?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Mintee
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

yes, exactly as you said..

There is a geographical history museam at Aramco (Arabian American Oil Company) in Dhahran SAudi, the headquarters of the Oil company.. Its an interesting science type museum that shows the history of the area as far as how the oil came into being..

yes, many millions of years ago. SaudiArabia was under water, the rocks and sand deposits show fossils of marine life... As things died and water receaded.. this area was then a rain forrest type of land, it was completely green and lush. Then after that went extinct, the sands sort of crept in and covered all that greenery. leaving the heat and climate and pressure just perfect to compress and make oil over millions of years..

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

at the same time as i'm in no way a lefty in terms of financial duty, you're speaking political ideaology, which has one certainty: make the different guy look undesirable. this entire "potential" stuff is used to lie to human beings. there is adequate oil in Alaska ANWR to gas the U. S. for....5 years if we could even get all of it out of the floor, on the fee we consume it. 5 years? How do they calculate 200 years, considering that intake fluctuates and has tended to upward thrust? final, are you speaking approximately utilising fracking, which whether nonetheless scientifically unproven, data from people who stay in those areas factors to poisoned groundwater? I recommend, come on, you have have been given to be an entire moron to think of that pumping petroleum products into the floor to fracture the earth is going to consequence in something different than poisoned aquifers. And in case you got here about to observe any superfund websites that had petroleum an infection, you will comprehend how lots money and attempt could desire to be spent attempting to sparkling up poisoned aquifers. The drilling marketplace removes their waste in a extra informal way than the nuclear marketplace, yet they had all want you reside centred at the cheap gas. by using the way, if the ND growth is so sturdy for us, how come my gas expenditures basically peaked at over $4/gallon? As yet another person published, whats the frenzy to apply all of it up? we've 200 years so use all of it as quickly as accessible? does no longer or no longer it is extra effective to apply a minimum of a few of that reserve to extra potential aspects that may not depart us reliant on different countries as quickly as ours runs out?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because oil is pressured underground for millions of years and our Eastern land has the most underground space.

• 10 years ago

it has the third largest oil reserve its just the typography of the place which makes it rich in oil resource

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

world is changed now,so they should be ready

Source(s): www.vb.upprup.com
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I blame RNG

• 10 years ago

they are rich

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.