Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does anyone think Representative govt in USA want their citizens to have a True daily direct Democracy?

Notice how the super-hypocrites like Obama & Hillary Clinton are saying oh yes Democracy for everyone,we spread it around the globe & side with the Egyptian people

Since when is the last time you as a citizen of USA had any direct rule & control over money,business or Govt. Voting for Representative govt that victimizes you with fleecing is puppet-mastered by elites.

Don't give me a lesson on how USA is a constitutional Republic, I'm well aware of the sham show election process done under secret voting minus account tracking capability like your bank account provides.

Bottom line the wealthy elite puppet-masters controlling lawmakers don't want to loose their strangle-hold of greed over the citizen majority changing the economic disparity of the few with all the wealth.

For me i am pro new form of govt in USA, Citizen direct rule & control over money,business & govt so we can have the legal position to reflect public will by citizen majority. Neo-cons call it mob rule but always forget to name rule & control of the few, 1 name comes to my mind Kleptocrats running a Kleptocracy does any like constant fleecing by both business & govt

Greek definition of Democracy, "The people rule".

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We are almost living in a banana republic the way things are now. I agree with you we need to throw out our politicians and start over. We are one major terrorist attack from a police state. Like rahm emanuel says don't let a crisis go to waste and they won't. The rich pigs on top don't want things to change they want to keep robbing us blind. I try to say these things on here and it's pretty much a waste of time. People on here don't care bout this stuff just care about themselves.

• 1 decade ago

Why weren't you complaining about this more vociferously during the Bush administration? Why are our liberties only at stake when a Democrat is in the White House. The neo-cons did just as much if not more damage to the constitution in the aftermath of 9/11 in the name of protecting our republic than at any time in the history of the country, save maybe for slavery and the internment of the Japanese during World War II.

Furthermore, do you really think a direct Democracy is a good idea now? Do you trust the American people to act responsibly when a majority of them (Republicans AND Democrats alike) can't find Afghanistan on a map but could tell you the color of Kim Kardashian's outfit at the Super Bowl?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of course not. We're a constitutional republic with aspects of democratic principles.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We're not a democracy. We're a democratic republic.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah.. whatever you say comrade. You're still having a hard time convincing us that the oppression and poverty your "workers revolution" will bring is a good thing..

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

We have a government, for and by the people? Try , " special interest groups."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.