Taylor Swift Trading songs?

I heard about trading rare taylor swift songs, and I have a few questions about it, because it intrigues me.

1. Is it actully legal?

2.How do you get started?

3. Where do you get the music, because obviously it wouldn't be on youtube.

Favorite Answer

1. NO NO NO NO NO. "Rare" means they haven't been officially released. That means they were recorded or "sneaked out" illegally. ONLY when songs are released do people get paid for them like the songwriteres and the singers, so when they arent' released that means they're a bootleg recording. Those things are as illegal as hell and record companies and the RIAA prosecute to no end.

2. You get started with a $100,000 fine for bootlegging illegal recordings, or if the FBI wants to make an example out of you it can be $250,000 per song or a year in prison.

3. You go to criminals because bootlegging is illegal.

Official statemnet about it: "It is illegal and will be prosecuted. The manufacturers collective agent for combating such activities in the United States is the Recording Industries Association of America, or RIAA. The European equivalent of the RIAA is the IFPI : International Federation of the Phonograph Industry. In Japan it's the RIAJ, or Record Industry Association of Japan. These are organizations responsible for seeking out (along with, of course, the injured record Label/ artist/ legal representation et al.) and eliminating unlicensed material."

Trading songs? What? I've never heard of that.

If they were rare, they would obviously not be available unless you knew Taylor Swift herself.

It is not legal

when you get a song you get the right to listen to it, you do NOT get the right to give it away, sell ii, or trade it

that violates the copyright laws